Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 08, 2018 08:03PM

...without Lucifer, there is no reason for any of God's Plan, right? God makes a perfect Garden and man doesn't have to worry about right or wrong, because he doesn't even know what right and wrong *are* (which seems odd that God would give a choice to know) and therefore everyone descending from Adam Eve doesn't even know what Free Agency *is*; so in essence, that's Lucifer's plan...everyone is automatically saved because they're already worthy?

Lucifer screws up his own plan, which is God's plan.

Seems to me that God's plan was actually to let Lucifer take the heat for God's own evil plan to make men and women suffer and die.

Plus, Adam & Eve were naked and didn't know it.. Where's the modesty in THAT?

Sorry, I need another Red Bull to get my brain going before I type any more nonsense.

P.S. I also know Lucifer is only used once in the bible to refer to the king of Babylon, so that shouldn't even be a thing--yet another 19th Century mistake.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 08, 2018 08:53PM

CnB, you're funny when you pretend that stuff is actually supposed to make any sense...:)

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: August 08, 2018 09:05PM

You really have to be asleep to have peace of mind. Otherwise, you have to knock yourself out to try to put the square pegs into the round holes.

Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: August 08, 2018 09:14PM

As far as I understood, gods plan was for their to be freedom, there was to be injustice, some born poor some rich. A few smarty pants and lots of dumb people. Some popular but lots of annoying people you just want to run away from. Lots of troubling situations that would drive you crazy all the time.

the old devil is just part of all that, his job is to destroy, cause confusion, and get everyone upset.

But lucifers original plan was that everyone would be born into equal circumstances, free health care, free welfare, free education, lots of sympathy for strange people, social justice warriors running around everywhere. It would be a Communist paradise. He was a Lefty.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: August 08, 2018 09:22PM

Is that you, Ezra?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2018 09:23PM by Lot's Wife.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 08, 2018 09:24PM

Close, but probably not -- since he didn't mention that all that "Lefty" stuff was the fault of black people...

Date: August 08, 2018 09:25PM

Yeah, well the 1950s called and they want their politics back.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: August 08, 2018 11:51PM

This is all Boner's fault for disturbing the ghost of Cleon Skousen.

Date: August 29, 2018 04:56AM

Hey, which one of you fine upstanding citizens is Archimedes?

Lot's Wife called. She wants her joke back!

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: August 09, 2018 12:01AM

I like the idea of Ezra Taft Benson being chummy with the devil. They remind me of an episode of the Simpsons.

“Oh Monty, you are the devil himself.”
“AWHAT! WHO TOLD YOU- I mean, heheh...”

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: August 09, 2018 11:29AM

So sorry CnB, I read this as temple fore-play. Lucifer said he’d wash and annoint me, but as he’s the “father of all lies,” I knew what he really wanted was to fondle me. The Boner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2018 11:31AM by BYU Boner.

Posted by: Finally Free! ( )
Date: August 09, 2018 11:44AM

None of it makes sense if you look at it close enough. The attempts answer "everything" become to complicated and becomes a tangled web. It just doesn't work.

This reminds me of one of my companions in the MTC. We had to go to the Temple on P-Days, you know because we had the day "off" we should spend several hours watching a boring movie. Anyway, after one session, he tells me that something just occurred to him and we had to go talk to the Temple President urgently. I was surprised that the Temple President agreed to see us. My very agitated companion was sure he had uncovered some deep secret and wanted confirmation. This was in the early 90's and there were two videos that they rotated through.

My companion explained that during the movie Satan, in his frustration at not being able to get Adam to be evil and having been rebuked, (dear god, I can still remember the movie sequence), reached up and broke a tree branch before stalking away.

This was very troubling to my companion because he realized that Satan, not having a physical body shouldn't have been able to touch the tree, let alone break off a branch. What does it mean?!? He wanted to know. Can Satan affect the physical world? What deep truth had just been uncovered by my companion.

I inwardly rolled my eyes, one because my companion believed he was going to save the world and even I in my most TBM'y moments knew that was unlikely, and two, I knew the temple sessions were "metaphors" and had dramatic license and weren't documentaries. The Temple President confirmed my suspicions and told my companion he was taking things to literally.

I think he still suspected that he found something out but needed to ponder it more.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.