Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dead Cat ( )
Date: August 30, 2018 01:56PM

I was talking the other day about how could a god condone the abuse of children by religious leaders particularly when the abuse leads to suicide.

Then I read a thread that refers to the great and massive destruction at the time of Christ's death as relayed in the book of mormon.

It hit me. According to the book of mormon, the mormon god slaughtered millions of people including children just before he came to deliver the gospel to them.

Small wonder the current mormon leaders are indifferent to the deaths of a few thousand children.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 30, 2018 02:10PM

I think you are onto something there...

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: August 30, 2018 02:51PM

Besides Christ's conduct when he came to America, he did not have a stellular record 2,000 years ago. Christ was a revolutionary on the side of the Jews, did not even hide the fact that this is the one and only group of people he cared about.

Sure the story goes that he took children on his lap proclaiming, "Suffer the children to come unto me," and also preaching that unless people were to become as children they could not enter the kingdom of god. However, remember that it was only Jewish children he was referring to. Christ was not an "everybody's savior". He was choosey.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 30, 2018 05:06PM

"Suffer the children...

Sounds about right for Mormon Jesus.

He couldn't do shiz to the people in The Holy Land so he beat the shiz out of the people he 600 years earlier cursed.

Do unto others...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.