Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Bednacreep ( )
Date: September 03, 2018 07:01PM

Seeing the Bednar post and the creepy Youtube videos made recall a moment when Bednar was all knowing/seeing.

A family friend of ours wrote in a letter (3 years ago) that David Bednar visited their mission in Frankfurt, Germany.

He stood up in front of a couple hundred missionaries and told prophesied, yes prophesied he would see every single one of them outside the mission home.

This letter was written as I was pondering leaving the mo's and it struck out as pompous and creepy.

But alas, every single missionary blog and letter that week was filled with the Hooooly Spirit of Bednar. The air of arrogance that one of God's apostles would visit with them again was over powering. I perused numerous blogs and ALL felt the overpowering spirit they would see the Lord's servant after their journey.

It was the first experience I had personally in assuring I was going in the right direction by exiting.

We lost touch two years ago, but I still ponder how many returned missionaries from that time have been graced with the holy presence of Bednar again.

Question though. How did these missionaries gulp this fortune teller up so fast?

Additionally, how did he feel 'without a doubt' and say that to a bunch of young kids (and feel good about it.)

I thought they didn't believe in fortune tellers and that gobbledy gook.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 03, 2018 07:03PM

Reading it over, I realized just how outright creepy that is.

A sixty year old men telling young teenagers that he WILL see each and every one outside the mission.

Yikes.

Posted by: chipace ( )
Date: September 03, 2018 07:20PM

I'm sorry but that goes on my top 10 lamest prophecies. Is there a manual that they give GAs with a list of obscure and harmless prophecies? Patriarchs are trained to say BS things too.. I see you as a bishop, with exceptional tithing collection ability.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: September 03, 2018 07:33PM

I'm with chipace. I don't find it so much creepy just kind of dopey. And it smacks of trying way too hard to be visionary. But that's par for the course with Elderberry Bednob.

Date: September 03, 2018 08:36PM

I agree. I had just watched the video with the kid crying so I was in a more 'creepy Bednar' mode.

I wasn't astounded he said it. I was just awe struck that so many kids would cheer and high five themselves for getting to see.....an old man again. Then what? There lives are complete? It was a new perplexing thing to me as I stated, it was when my eyes were finally opening to the absurdity of it all.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: September 03, 2018 07:40PM

What does it even mean?

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: September 03, 2018 08:05PM

I think it means that Bednob is a very special person. And since the missionaries have been good, they will get another chance to be in his presence once they finish out their sentences.

Posted by: oregon ( )
Date: September 03, 2018 08:03PM

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: September 03, 2018 08:24PM

What a special blessing for all of you. Hahaha

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: September 04, 2018 02:31AM

Yeah, every missionary's dream come true. Seeing Bednar is on my bucket list--NOT.

He would be at the bottom of the missionarys' lists, below family and friends and celebreties, below "that cute girl in front of me in English class."

How arrogant.

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: September 03, 2018 09:12PM

I don't keep up on these things. There is still a mission in Frankfurt? I was there for mine 40 years ago. I was hoping the cult had dusted continental Europe by now and closed up shop. Not quite yet, it would seem.

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: September 03, 2018 10:06PM

https://www.lds.org/ensign/2006/06/the-profile-of-a-prophet?lang=eng

by Hugh Brown

tells by LDS telling the 'signs' of a 'True Prophet', as far as I can tell, no recent "prophet" has scored anywhere near half of their own signs;

Can't believe LDS hasn't buried this down the memory hole!!!

it was recently re-published.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: September 04, 2018 02:38AM

Bednacreep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> He stood up in front of a couple hundred
> missionaries and told prophesied, yes prophesied
> he would see every single one of them outside the
> mission home.
>

Hopefully at Starbucks.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: September 04, 2018 10:27AM

Bednar knows how to work it. Knows how to make those bosoms burn. Arrogantly knows the power he holds. It's not the priesthood, it's the power of indoctrination. That's why he is on his way up with a bullet.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.