Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 09:15AM

Good Morning Everyone!!! I am doing awesome. I am setting at a friend's house watching the rest of the storm past by. I am not going to be doing much today. Church is cancel like it should be in an event like this. Probably watch the news and keep myself updated with what is going on around me as well as finish a prayer shawl that I am making for a friend of mine. So what is everyone else doing today?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 10:03AM

Hauling shit to a storage unit in anticipation of making a move. Anyone wanna help? Only problem is that I change my mind every other day. I’m sure it will take me a couple months to really commit. There are big advantages and disadvantages to the new place and the old place. So new plan is to move several loads every Sunday because it forces me to go through crap. Just as much is going to goodwill and trash as to storage. Then if I say “Naw, I don’t want to give my place up,” I’ll do a real deep cleaning and move back what I really need. Then when I retire and do my “Eat, Pray, Love” year (or Read, Meditate, Write) I can throw it all back in storage and take off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2018 10:05AM by NormaRae.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 09:57PM

NormaRae, I just called my husband in to read your post. We are doing the EXACT SAME thing with the EXACT SAME changing our minds every other day.

And... just like you--we refer to our stuff as "shit!!!"

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 10:07AM

Just got my coffee (Almond Joy creamer as a treat). Getting ready to watch the Sunday AM news shows.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 10:19AM

I feel a little girly just from reading this.

I’m waiting for news of the Sam Young rally.

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 10:26AM

Staying inside, the 90+ temps in Sept with high humidity are killing my asthma.

Also finishing up tasks for my class reunion next weekend. Time to beat my printer to make the name tags.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 10:44AM

Great early morning hike.
Feeling good to live where the weather is perfect right now. Thoughts are with those who are less fortunate.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 12:01PM

I am home nursing a pinched sciatic nerve. I am vacilating back and forth over which is worse pinched nerve or three hours of boredom?

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 12:04PM

Hey, kat! I'm glad you are getting some rest.
The storm has ended here in sc. We still have rain falling. I've been cleaning and watching the last season of Bates Motel on netflix.
My body has been unusually painful for about the past week or so. Doggone low barometric pressure.

Posted by: moremany-NLI ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 12:33PM

"... what is everyone else doing today?"

Nothing

Posted by: Jaxson ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 12:48PM

Just finished off a plate of pancakes and am now getting ready for church...THE CHURCH OF THE NFL!!!! Sitting around in my underwear sure beats a suit and tie. I'll be following my fantasy teams all day and I have a couple of teams entered in Fan Duel **gasp...gambling**. Last week I came out ahead by $18.00. The name of my team..."Hasa Diga Eebowai".

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 12:52PM

> The name of my team..."Hasa Diga Eebowai".

Go Meerkats!!!!

Posted by: lisadee ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 01:06PM

Just finished a burger/fries. Sitting in my local diner. About to go back home, get back in bed and wait for the Sam Young news. I'll have to watch it streamed on the fb page.
That's about it for me today. Gonna vegetate all day.

Date: September 16, 2018 01:16PM

I'm making La Saucie one of my patented EOD omelets and she just farted...

So, business as usual!!!

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 02:01PM

Went for a walk through the neighborhood on a beautiful fall day. Not too warm or humid.

Now that poochie has had his walk, I shall do even more exploring.

May catch a movie later. I love Sundays now more than ever. :)

Good to hear you're weathering the storm Kativicky.

Did your home flood? Do you even know whether it has or not? Any idea when you'll be able to return?

Date: September 16, 2018 02:47PM

I don't think that my place actually flood out itself but a lot of the routes to my place have been flood out and if it hasn't been flooded out, there has been a lot of debris in the roads. My landlord is going to check out an alternate route to see if it is passable or not. They had gone out to the trailer park to check on one of my neighbors who stayed and they said that there was a limb on the roof but they were not able to get to the trailer itself because there was water over the driveway right before my house. I am going to stay put until I can get back home and stay there with actual power.

Date: September 16, 2018 06:20PM

Got an update from the landlord. Still some water going across the road going to my trailer and there is still no power so I am going to be staying where I am now. The lady that I am staying with doesn't want to take me home until I have power and we no for sure that we can get in and out of the trailer park so I am not stranded by myself with no way for anyone to come in to help me if I need it.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 09:31PM

Glad you are safe and dry. Everything else will come in time.

We are just watching the 49er win and trying to get things done around the house.

Date: September 16, 2018 09:48PM

Thanks for the update.

It doesn't sound safe to go back until the roads are clear, and power's restored.

Posted by: pugsly ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 06:08PM

Did laundry this morning. Made apple butter this afternoon. Plus sliced apples to put outside for drying, and to can apple pie filling.
Hubby and kids went to a local orchard this morning. They brought back a pickup truck load of apples that were laying on the ground that weren't good enough to sell. (They have blemishes and soft spots). These apples were free.
The amount of food thrown away is insane compared to the number of people in this country who will go to bed hungry tonight.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 06:40PM

At my brother's place in BC drinking good single malt scotch....earlier we went on a nice drive in the mountains and stopped for lunch in an alpine town.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 06:57PM

I can't even remember the name of the movie. I shouldn't have taken Benadryl for my hay fever before going. I took the dogs for a walk early this morning. Now I'm trying to work. My son is talking to me and so I can't really work as I have to listen, so I'm kind of reading here, too.

Posted by: cftexan ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 09:21PM

Walked in the Dallas Pride Parade. It was hot and humid. Tons of people watching

Date: September 16, 2018 09:24PM

I'm Pride of you!!!

Date: September 16, 2018 09:51PM

If you want to watch a funny, corny, silly movie try "A Simple Favor." You'll either love it or regret going. It's that silly.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.