Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: September 08, 2018 03:25PM

I took the Catholic rcia and it is so boring! But better than Mormon missionary lessons , I stopped going and Catholics didn't text me or call me and asked why are you not taking rcia anymore? Mormons on the other hand harass you! Pressure you and put guilt on you

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 08, 2018 03:26PM

And I have a rosary that I got from the rcia and it is pretty

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 08, 2018 04:19PM

I have a very hazy recollection of attending Mass in Nacozari, Sonora, Mexico in the mid-1950s. It was summertime and we were visiting my dad's family. Mass was in Latin.

Overall, I don't recall being impressed.

What are you looking for, religion-wise?

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: September 08, 2018 04:28PM

I took some classes with a friend. They knew I was a visitor and did not pressure me. Several people dropped out and that was fine too. We were told that we shouldnt join unless we were really committed. The class lasted a year as opposed to a few short lessons. They also discussed issues in the church such as child abuse and the sketchy parts of history honestly without trying to cover it up or to be defensive. It was very different than the mishie lessons. For one thing the teachers were not 18 year old kids and they knew their stuff.

Posted by: librarian ( )
Date: September 08, 2018 05:35PM

Speaking as a lapsed Catholic, my lessons involved getting gold stars and hard candy after learning that we were born to be happy with god in heaven.
What is the point of that?
I was only 5, and it never got any more sensible, so I dropped out at 16.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 08, 2018 07:37PM

Since my new wife is Catholic, I’m hoping for soft candy. She gets the hard candy.

Date: September 08, 2018 06:25PM

Haha nope and the Catholics don't pressure you to be baptized at all or say have you prayed and know the Catholic church is true, my great great grandparents were Catholic and came from Ireland, they were strict Catholics and that is probably why my great grandfather stopped being Catholic

Date: September 08, 2018 06:27PM

I thought the inside of the Catholic church was pretty but mass is boring and I thought it was in Latin to haha

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: September 17, 2018 01:35AM

Someone said you were about 24. The Catholic church went to using the local language in the 60s, over 50 years ago.
You couldn't have heard Latin.l

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: September 17, 2018 02:31AM

Some churches occasionally have Latin masses and some of the prayers or hymnss can be in Latin even in an English mass.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 12, 2018 11:13AM

Good luck on your seeking Crazy horse. I'm closing in on a half century and one thing I wouldn't like to experience again is the seeking for something truth as a youth and younger adult.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.