Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 01:03AM

Excerpt ..... Houston Texas South Stake President David Frank Hruska said the disciplinary council will consider whether Young is in apostasy based on reports that he has repeatedly acted in "clear, open and deliberate public opposition to the church or its leaders," according to the notice Hruska gave Young. The church considers disciplinary councils to be private. Young posted Hruska's notice on his blog.

Well..ya..he was warned...

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900030038/heres-why-a-former-mormon-bishop-faces-discipline-from-the-church-of-jesus-christ-of-latter-day-saints.html

Some info on the process... Mormon Disciplinary Council... this one is by the Stake President.....it's more info than you'll get from the church as they like to think it's private...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disciplinary_council

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2018 01:06AM by SusieQ#1.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 01:21AM

I commit (repeatedly and enthusiastically) the sin next to murder, and then I compound it by laying with a woman not my wife, despite being told on numerous occasions by church leaders not to do these things, and I didn't even to stop taking the sacrament!

What's a poor Lamanite got to do be 'loved, court of'?

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 01:23AM

He warned them. They wouldn’t listen. So who exactly is up shit creek?

I’d expect 1000 people at tomorrow’s rally. They should bring big foam hands to touch the church building.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2018 01:29AM by babyloncansuckit.

Posted by: oregon ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 01:41AM

The LDS leaders want your full loyalty even if it is illegal and morally wrong. They do not care, they want to control everything in your life and those in your family. This cult religion is sickening. If the members would only follow their mind rather than emotion.

Date: September 16, 2018 11:03AM

“If the members would only follow their mind rather than emotion”

It’s ironic that the founder was killed by a mob.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: September 17, 2018 03:20AM

babyloncansuckit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> “If the members would only follow their mind
> rather than emotion”
>
> It’s ironic that the founder was killed by a
> mob.
"i-r-o-n=i-c" that is a funny way to spell "fitting"

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 02:05PM

<<"clear, open and deliberate public opposition to the church or its leaders,">>

In other words, he failed to sit down and shut up.

Posted by: moremany-NLI ( )
Date: September 17, 2018 01:40AM

olderelder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> <<"clear, open and deliberate public opposition to
> the church or its leaders,">>
>
> In other words, he failed to sit down and shut up.

Precisely

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 02:29AM

The Mormon leaders demand absolute obedience and recognition of their authority. Anything less is apostasy and you are gone. They cannot even tolerate disagreement, much of the time. It's even worse for women. They have no say-so in anything if a man wants to overrule her, and they do.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 10:40AM

"Bow your head and say Yes"

Not only no, Hell No!

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 12:40PM

He's almost awake; IMO, he should have resigned if he is worried about excommunication, but then, he says he still supports the leaders and doesn't want to be ousted. I don't get it.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 12:59PM

If he tells 'the truth' to the members, they'll be able to simply dismiss him, along with this message.

The way he's going the members have a better chance of just seeing the message. ...part of which is, by extension, that the leaders are flawed.

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 01:17PM

Couldn’t agree more. Even if Sam has figured out that it's all hooey, he’s smart to keep the focus on these two obviously wrong practices. No one on one interviews. No sexually explicit questions ever. Otherwise he’s just another bitter ExMormon.

Date: September 17, 2018 03:52AM

Being exed doesn’t seem to have slowed down John Dehlin. And financially he isn’t kicking against the pricks.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: September 16, 2018 07:46PM

Oh please, call on me, please. I know the answer to that one. He, Sam Young, dared to do his own thinking and then share his own thinking. Never allowed in a cult.

How did I do? (I think I deserve an A+++)

A cult like the MormonCult knows ALL the answers. Period.

Sam Young, you gave it your all and now you are free to pursue whatever you pursue in your own name and without the chains clapped on because you are in the MormonCult.

You can speak out when you see injustice but, as far as the MormonCult goes, only they can change the injustice they do.....which amounts to mountains and mountains high, but it is only mountains and mountains high of money, prestige, and power that they care about.

Enjoy a nice vacation, Sam. Rest, relax, and breathe fresh, fragrant air free from the stink of men who are filled with narcissism and their own quest for king.

Posted by: badam2 ( )
Date: September 17, 2018 02:05AM

Well my uncle told me about this Sam young guy and I like what I heard about him. Fought against sexually moral interviews?

Posted by: Bert ( )
Date: September 17, 2018 07:26AM

I saw him (Sam Young) on the news last night reading his ex letter. He seemed a bit more emotional than happy.

I turned to my brother. "Boy these Mormons...." "What do you mean?" He asked.

I explained I thought it was odd that this guy was almost sad to be excommunicated. He just got a ten percent raise, his own choice of underwear, and an extra day off.

But seriously he seemed sad.

Why?

Posted by: flutterbypurple ( )
Date: September 17, 2018 11:33AM

He is sad because the church has been his community. He has served it faithfully for years. He has friends and loved ones in this community. It has been his tribe, his support group. Now he will lose many of those friends and tribes men and tribes women because they will not want to associate with an apostate.

I can see why he is sad. It is like losing a friend to death. He will need to learn how to live with a new normal. It will happen. He will see that the 10% raise is good, the new choice of underwear is fantastic and the day off is to be enjoyed. It won't happen immediately but it will happen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2018 11:34AM by flutterbypurple.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: September 18, 2018 04:59PM

Because the Law looks down on giving him the Laban treatment the way that Brigham Young would have.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.