Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Question1234 ( )
Date: September 27, 2018 02:37PM

Long story short I came across an article -perhaps a couple of different articles a few years back, possibly written by a Mormon who left the church and then came back, on how to treat people who had left the church. The basic premise of the article was leave them alone, don’t preach and try to bring them back, just love the. In one of the articles it was stated to grandparents to not overstep boundaries with their grandchildren by teaching them doctrine. Anyways I have an extremely difficult MIL who despite my attempts at asking her politely can’t seem to stop doing this. I have searched for these articles and can’t find them and was wondering if you guys know of them or similar articles. I am debating whether or not so send her the article, hi lighted and underlined- just as she has so often done to me and my family with ensign articals over the years- she did this while we were active members and continued after we left.and I never had the courage to tell her to stop. It bothered me as a member and obviously still bothers me. I am thinking she would be more open to something written by an LDS person but that isn’t a must. I’m not ready to tell my MIL completely where to shove it as I would like to maintain the relationship for my husband and kids but my patience with her nonsense is running very thin. I do realize that I would be resorting to her level of passive aggressive behavior but this has been going on for 15 years with us being out of the church for the past 8. I can’t help but think that a taste of her own medicine might be just the thing she needs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.