Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: September 28, 2018 08:48PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 28, 2018 09:34PM

I think figuring out our first common ancestor, FUCA, would be more intriguing. Not to mention, hard to pin down.

Date: September 28, 2018 10:11PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think figuring out our first common ancestor,
> FUCA, would be more intriguing. Not to mention,
> hard to pin down.
It seems so obvious to me that its viruses, given the fact that
A. they are non-living, if you define "life" as a species capable of reproducing by itself. They are not even species, much less, life.
B. They carry RNA, DNA and protien, they have all the instructions and material required to create life.
C. 10% of our DNA came from billions of years of fighting off viruses and bacteria.
D. They are, by far, the most ubiquitous and successful creatures.
E. There are 10x's more microorganisms in you than human cells.
F. Isnt it possible we have been looking the wrong direction in our search for a creator all this time and we needed look no further than right under our noses. In our noses. The common cold virus is our First Universal Common Ancestor and maybe creator.
And there ate more of them in us than all tge other cells on Earth.
G. If tgey are not alive, they vould live in steam vents in Earth, only to be unlocked by volcanoes in tge sea.
Or on an inner stelkar commet, lands in tge sea and RNA, DNA and protien makes life, to host it.
H. Self replicating.
I. Inner planetary.

Posted by: luca ( )
Date: September 28, 2018 09:43PM

I thnk it is only good that way.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 28, 2018 10:19PM

My name is LUCA.

I live on the second floor.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: September 29, 2018 09:23PM

Snort!

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 30, 2018 05:02AM

:-)

Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: October 01, 2018 09:31AM

I live upstairs from you

Date: October 01, 2018 12:36AM

That and the Last Common Ancestor of Viruses and Bacteria was a species that lived 3.4 Billion years ago.

We all came from that species.
Bacteria and viruses lived before us, even though, some say viruses are not even alive.

John Mattick, molecular biologist and director of Sydney’s Garvan Institute, agrees. “People say viruses aren’t free-living. But that’s a philosophical question – are we free-living?” he asks. “We can’t live without plants. Life is an interconnected system.”

https://cosmosmagazine.com/biology/what-came-first-cells-or-viruses

Date: October 01, 2018 12:43AM

It seems like we have more evidence for bacteria creating us than we do for God.

"Today, it’s tempting to think of viruses as mere pests. But “they are not agents of destruction,” Caetano-Anolles says. Life on Earth would look very different without our viral co-inhabitants. “We wouldn’t be here without them,” says James Shapiro, a University of Chicago microbiologist. For example, researchers speculate that more than 100 million years ago a viral infection in a primitive mammal uploaded a gene that helped the placenta evolve. Syncytin is a protein viruses use to fuse cells together in order to hop from one host cell to the next. In mammals it fuses placenta cells with the uterus, allowing the foetus to draw nutrients from its mother."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.