Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 30, 2018 06:38AM

Aren’t cheap. I’m so glad I’m not stuck in that mode anymore.

What good is God if you can’t believe him? How many Mormons trust their Mormon God with anything? The best he can do on an entire planet is 15 grumpy old men. The consequences of being Mormon are terrible. It’s never worth it. So just don’t go there, not even once.

I’m just feeling down about meeting an old TBM friend and seeing what this mindset has done to them. This twisted world of half truths and horrible thinking. I really hate it. Look, I don’t mind if people want to buy into this stuff. It’s their business. But the ruinous result is hard to take. Especially when it hits home.

If life is sacred then Mormonism is a sacrilege. I don’t mind stating once again that I oppose the church because it’s so damn stupid. Which is kind of crazy because it runs a university. It doesn’t bode well for universities. If academics will sell out to the church, who won’t they sell out to?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: September 30, 2018 10:12AM

"The wages of sin is death". Well, the wages of Mormonism is also a kind of death: separation of families, depression, suicides, death of any kind of self esteem, separation from a good chunk of your wages if you are a 10 percent tithe payer, and separation from anyone not mormon who actually would be pretty good friends.

Posted by: Concerned Citizen 2.0 ( )
Date: September 30, 2018 10:50AM

..."The wages of Mormonism is sin."

Alcoholism, drug abuse, depression, family conflict, broken relationships, self-esteem issues, internal conflict, suicidal thoughts.......well, you get it.

...oh wait. Those are only a by-product of LEAVING the Church.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 30, 2018 08:06PM

If thy foot offend thee, cut it off.

If I were an animal caught in a Mormon trap, I would gnaw my arm off.

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: October 01, 2018 04:37PM

--> If life is sacred then Mormonism is a sacrilege. <--

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.