Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Godzilla ( )
Date: October 05, 2018 01:48PM

Can someone enlighten me; what's up with the church working so hard on moving away from the word "mormon"...? Could this be a preamble to moving away from the book?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anon2828 ( )
Date: October 05, 2018 03:18PM

I want to know what else they're gonna do to look mainstream. It can't be a name change alone. I predict a couple major changes, aside from the name.

Posted by: mikemitchell ( )
Date: October 05, 2018 04:11PM

The latest prophet Nelson just has a stick up his ass. After he dies it will all be thrown under the bus and Mormon will be cool again.

Posted by: cftexan ( )
Date: October 06, 2018 02:07AM

I just read today that Nelson gave a talk about not using the word Mormon back in the 1990s.... if these Mormons realize that, how can they NOT see that this is the opinion of just a man? I'll never understand them.

I guess its just something that god knows only nelson would be able to bring about and that's why no other leader has been "inspired" like him? lol

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: October 05, 2018 09:04PM

Being a forbidden word, MORMON will become cool among the young.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 06, 2018 12:08AM

I bet that the 'king-makers' are wondering

1. is he senile?

2. is Wendy leading him by his priesthood?

3. is there really a ghawd and is he speaking to Russ?

This last one scares them the most.

Posted by: readwrite-now ( )
Date: October 06, 2018 03:01AM

It's like a common thread. It's all people are talking about. We aren't people though, unless we are the ones they are talking about. It's [supposed to be] for the mormons - and nons? - to talk about.

What are we talking about?

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: October 06, 2018 04:10AM

Perhaps TSCC plans on fooling the countries that won't let the Mormon missionaries in. They might allow "volunteers" from "The Church of Smiling Saints" into the country to proselyte.

Anti-Mormon Dad: "The Smiling Saints volunteers are coming over to help fix our roof."

Mom: "But--you swore that you would never let the Mormons set foot on our property, ever again!"

Dad: "What?"

Mom: "They're Mormon missionaries. They just changed the name of their church, and the "volunteers" are really missionaries."

Dad: "Doh!"

Posted by: Dfgh ( )
Date: October 06, 2018 06:36AM

The main church is understandably a bit upset about Warren Jeffs etc being called Mormon as it reflects badly on them.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.