Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: October 08, 2018 12:35AM

President Monson (October 2011 General Conference) recalling a personal experience in his conference sermon:

"Instantly there flashed through my mind the thought, 'Monson, you are not a Catholic; you are not a Jew; you are not a Protestant. YOU ARE A MORMON, so you just stand here!' I can assure you that I felt completely alone. Courageous and determined, yes—but alone.

"And then I heard the sweetest words I ever heard that chief petty officer utter. He looked in my direction and asked, “And just what do you guys call yourselves?” Until that very moment I had not realized that anyone was standing beside me or behind me on the drill ground. Almost in unison, each of us replied, “MORMONS!” It is difficult to describe the joy that filled my heart as I turned around and saw a handful of other sailors.

"As we marched away, I thought of the words of a rhyme I had learned in Primary years before:

Dare TO BE A MORMON;

Dare to stand alone.

Dare to have a purpose firm;

Dare to make it known."

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2011/10/dare-to-stand-alone?lang=eng

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: October 08, 2018 10:52AM

conference talk. It couldn't have been very nice.

Probably something like: "Yeah, you keep on talking 'Mormon' boy. And keep on chugging that aspartame-sweetened demon fizz-water until it does you in. I'm gonna fix this travesty, mark my words! MARK MY WORDS!"

And Wendy had to calm him down and remind him to take his blood-pressure pills, as she often had to do in situations like this.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: October 08, 2018 09:09PM

He was speaking as a MORMON, not as a prophet. Well, Mormon that! The EXMORMON’S Boner.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.