Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: October 11, 2018 07:16PM

Wow. I heard advance reports about the whopper hurricane descending upon Florida but did not envision the widespread destruction that's now becoming apparent. So fast. So overwhelming. The awesome power of nature.

I don't know how many people evac'd but fortunately there does not seem to be a high fatality rate, so far anyway. So sad for the six confirmed dead to this point. Such an event must be terrifying. Luck of the draw perhaps. Many stayed and managed to survive. They're braver than I would be.

I just heard a few names of survivors read out by a reporter. They don't have any other means at the moment of letting their families know they're okay. So poignant. I wish they could find a way of maintaining cell phone service through emergencies, when you need them most.

I know this is way OT but wanted to say Florida we're thinking of you and the hardships that have come your way. Do we have any posters from that area? Not that I know of but we usually don't know each other's locations.

As often occurs, major events like this help to put life into perspective. We seem to need constant reminders, though, of what is most important.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2018 07:20PM by Nightingale.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 11, 2018 07:28PM

Keep away from Florida for a while and never get in a limousine!

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: October 11, 2018 08:23PM

I am 3,000 miles away from Florida, but as a fellow American of all Floridians, I say:

Thank you, Nightingale!!

Thank you for the good thoughts, and thank you for caring!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.