Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: chipace ( )
Date: October 09, 2018 11:10PM

If the president of the TSCC decided to shut the church down, who gets the church assests and investments? Is it equally distributed to the 15 old farts?
They all become billionaires and TBMs get their lives back. Seems like a win-win to me.
What a bunch of a$$holes for not cashing out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 09, 2018 11:17PM

It's a Corporation-Sole. It all belongs the current profit. But don't know (at least I don't) what assets of the church are held by the Corporation-Sole.

I think there are other business organizations run by the church, such as the Presiding Bishopric. I think that's where the tithing money goes.

Anyone know who owns the business concerns, like Bonneville or Intellectual Reserve?

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: October 09, 2018 11:27PM

My paycheque came from the Corporation of the Presiding Bishopric, or something like that, when I worked for them. I forget exactly what it said. It was the Bishop though and not the Church President.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 09, 2018 11:34PM

It will "go out of business" before it ever shuts down.

Catholicism though dwindling in urban centers, closes parishes to consolidate elsewhere. TSCC does that where its numbers dwindle as well.

For now it's in expansion mode. Temples being built continuously. Some worldwide, but its consolidating that growth throughout the Morridor. That keeps the local members happy. They won't have as far to travel.

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: October 09, 2018 11:34PM

Their moral obligation would be to bless the members with dividends from those "sacred tithing" funds. The rank-and-file gave them that money. If they shut down and try to run, someone needs to drag them into court.

Date: October 09, 2018 11:48PM

I would think that liberating the members from future tithing would be a huge windfall for all. No need to return anything.

Date: October 09, 2018 11:44PM

Is it possible that eventually one profit comes along and unilaterally decides to shut it all down and take his cut? Although not likely this could be a possible scenario.
If there are unbelievers in the 12, could there also be a person with vision enough to shut it all down?
Would fear for their life stop a profit from shutting it all down? I suspect that fear of being killed is probably the strongest motivation for a profit to keep playing the game.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2018 11:57PM by chipace.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 10, 2018 03:12AM

The prophet usually is an old man who probably at the most has ten years to live. They are past the days of their lives where they can really enjoy things.

Date: October 10, 2018 01:05AM

Come on Nelson, I know you lurk here often... Think of all the hookers and blo you could have for $30B. No more missionary style for you bro!

Date: October 10, 2018 10:24PM

Office space...what I would do if I had $1M.
https://youtu.be/A939QRRSNV4

Posted by: Concerned Citizen 2.0 ( )
Date: October 10, 2018 08:51PM

...probably, whatever monies and assets are listed in the front-end accounting ledgers, there is likely a second set of books which could show what is commonly called "dark money" accounts. Those books could probably list account holders and secondary fund managers which might have control over a large amount of actual Church monetary resources. To find that out, it would take a huge investigation. Likely, the Church has made accommodations to stifle or slow that down...way down.

Believe the Brethren...have faith my children.

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: October 11, 2018 01:34PM

As long as they can still squeeze money out of members they will keep the shell game going, although Mormonism does not have a leg to stand on when it comes to making demands in the name of the Lord.

Date: October 11, 2018 10:59PM

I think they are addicted to power and feel too old to change their ways. It looks like they are hardly spending their billions of dollars. It seems so stupid to collect all that money and then never use it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.