Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: October 18, 2018 01:35PM

"Recently, a death threat was issued against me and supporters of the cause to Protect LDS Children. I took this seriously and filed a report to the police on October 9. According to them, this kind of threat is illegal."

https://invisiblescubit.wordpress.com/

Crazy lds members even do death threats!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: October 18, 2018 01:56PM

Where does the subpoena say it was a member of the church who
made the death threat (allegedly)?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 18, 2018 01:58PM

carameldreams Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Where does the subpoena say it was a member of the
> church who
> made the death threat (allegedly)?

Read the rest of the blog:

"A year and a half has transpired. The church has excommunicated me. One member has threatened harm to me….and my family….and my business. Another member has threatened to “personally kill” me."

Members of the church made the threats.

Date: October 18, 2018 02:04PM

Do you know ‘Mike Forella’? (I don’t)

Sam: “Of course, I realize that the name and email could be fake.”

Do you have inside info? On ‘Mike Forella’ or other ‘members’?

Date: October 18, 2018 02:18PM

No I do not know Mike Forella. The police has the IP address. I follow Sam Young because he sheds light on some damaging policies of the lds church.

Date: October 18, 2018 10:43PM

subeamnotlogedin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I follow Sam Young because he sheds
> light on some damaging policies of the lds church.

That is questionable. These policies were arguably, well known within the church.

Sam is best dealt with by the leaders within the church. Why would I assert such a thing? By the Big Bad Church?

Because Sam says so:

"P.S. I love you guys.(Stake President and Bishop) My heart goes out to you. Only you two have the task of figuring out how to deal with Sam Young."

https://invisiblescubit.wordpress.com/2018/02/22/the-terroristic-treats-may-be-coming-from-my-own-church/

Respectfully, following a man who references himself in third party "Sam Young" brings you back to the men he loves, he claims love him and his family, and regards as 'Christ-like leaders'. For followers of Sam, all roads lead back to follow the church authorities.

And if/when they kick you out, beg to be welcomed back in. No changes in church required! Just please, let Sam Young back in!

The man has serious delusions of grandeur which again, are not criminal. Annoying, akin to Joseph Smith and BY, but not criminal. He would likely do well with some mental health evaluations. Statements such as:

"I don’t know of anyone who is fighting for our Church with more vigor than I am."

https://invisiblescubit.wordpress.com/2018/10/11/excommunication-appeal/

Ridiculous. Why compare? Why assert himself over every.other.person? He cannot seem to comprehend that the world existed before him, goes on happily with or without his agenda, and his absurd appeals to the church for HOW GOOD THEY WILL LOOK ('...it will be received with much more than relish...They will rejoice.') IF THEY DO WHAT HE TELLS THEM TO DO are beyond hypocritical.

Sam desperately needs a time out. I say again, Dr. Dehlin's salient, wise, measured handful of points to Sam at the moment of impending excommunication were completely ignored. Sam had the chance to get a life and he preferred the bright light, front page, bold type.

He will do anything to stay in the news. Unfortunately.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2018 10:47PM by carameldreams.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 18, 2018 11:28PM

“Sam had the chance to get a life and he preferred the bright light, front page, bold type.”

If Sam Young won’t stir the pot, who will? All institutional control structures become more tyrannical over time until someone stands up to them. It’s even worse when the guys at the top really think they speak for God. Their beliefs won’t shield them when the state brings the hammer down. Unfortunately, they will be able to buy their way out for some time.

Posted by: devendere ( )
Date: October 19, 2018 04:33AM

Sam is absolutely correct in continuing to expose the church and the contagion of child sexual abuse within its organisation!
What is needed is much more detailed exposure in national and world media, concentrating on the full extent and types of child abuse, and that it is continuing today, and completely unchecked!
The church is absolutely determined to stop any further publicity, especially in national and world media!
Sam is a huge threat to them! If the national media in the US runs with it and it becomes a huge story and the public demand answers, apostles will then have to come out of hiding and have to answer press questions from aggressive journalists! And they are terrified of that possibility! This is why he is receiving death threats from some church members!
Sam - carry on with your great work in protecting Mormon children from sexual predators and exposing this horrendous child sex scandal to the world!

Date: October 19, 2018 06:41PM

carameldreams

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2017/07/27/byu-students-say-victims-of-sexual-assault-are-targeted-by-honor-code/

> I follow Sam Young because he sheds
> light on some damaging policies of the lds church.

That is questionable. These policies were arguably, well known within the church.

Sam is best dealt with by the leaders within the church. Why would I assert such a thing? By the Big Bad Church?

Because Sam says so:

The priesthood ban got lifted due to outside pressure. I drove to Sugar Land to support Sam Young and met John Dehlin. Sam Young spend thousands of dollars of his own money on this matter.
The repentance process should be private yet many bishops do not hold it confidential. If one person feels guilty for going too far sexually with his/her partner bishop will call the partner in too. Leaders don't even have background checks, yet they work with children and youth. On trained bishops with only a handbook to guide them. Yes I have resigned over 5 years ago and I am not coming back. But this shaming is dangerous and has cost many lives in Utah already. Every 6 months I had worthiness interviews as a teenager. Follow where the money goes. The lds church is a cooperation and more about money than religion. The temple is being used to blackmail members or they can't get married in the temple, or see their children getting married and so forth. Obedience is the first law of heaven. When I grew up they opened a new branch. Bishops wife was Relief Society President, Bishops Daughter (he had 5 one committed suicide) was Young Women's president, another daughter of his was Primary President. How should a bishop be allowed to give all callings to his family? Sorry this post is getting long. This bishop asked me if I wanted to attend a youth temple trip. When I said no he went to my mom ad told her that I must be sexual active or else I would have wanted to join the temple trip. So first he asked me many creepy questions when I pass the interview but still don't want to do what he says he needs to get my mom involved and his daughter was my YW president at the time. Basically some outside pressure will do the lds church good to get their heads out of their self righteousness. Focus on helping and not on other peoples sex lives.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.