Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 11, 2018 03:25PM

little doubt an over-zealous TBM type complainer....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Concerned Citizen 2.0 ( )
Date: November 11, 2018 06:14PM

...substitute your word "complainer" for "container".

"A plastic or vinyl shroud used to contain the product as to prevent spoilage, contamination, or exposure to the elements."

..perfect for LDS usage, and adoption. Protect the product at all costs.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 11, 2018 05:12PM

Well, the school did overturn the decision. I've had a number of times over the years when I just wasn't sure about a given outfit. So I would send the kid up to the office to get the principal's opinion. Now I tend to let things slide unless it's egregious. I figure that's administration's job.

Many schools keep extra clothes (i.e. polo tops, khaki pants) on hand for a variety of reasons, not just dress code violations. I've heard of a few schools in low-income areas that have washers and dryers as well.

Posted by: Concerned Citizen 2.0 ( )
Date: November 11, 2018 05:48PM

...wth. Just put on the PC outfit and move on. People are so worried about "feelings". Hey, enjoy your heritage!!

http://www.brooklynvisualheritage.org/home/sites/default/files/imagecache/fullsize/externals/296c2be3c35554268aad45f0e247023a%26ext%3d.jpg

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 11, 2018 06:33PM

What if they catch you thinking about an adult female wearing a halter top? And it makes you smile really big, which makes some teacher or administrator suspicious and so you end up being confronted: "What were you thinking of?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 11, 2018 06:41PM

I think schools have 'jumped the broom' with their dress codes.

Also, I think freedom of expression / individuality is more important than conformity & occasional 'disruptions'.

The students will signal each other what is acceptable & what isn't, that should be good enough about 95% of the time, IMHO

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.