Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: December 07, 2018 10:02PM

This is deplorable.

I hope that whoever (singular, or plural) is doing this gets caught soon.

This kind of hate crime is something all of us--ALL Americans!!--should be disturbed about, and should be working to totally eliminate.

I hope that all of the churches, and all of the religions, of the Olympia area band together to work, as a cooperating whole, to stop this ASAP.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 07, 2018 10:13PM

'the Lord works in Mysterious Ways'

/sarcasm

Will ChurchCo offer use of any space to them?

Date: December 07, 2018 10:46PM

GNPE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Will ChurchCo offer use of any space to them?

I doubt it.

As I understand the JW culture (and I may be wrong about this, since I know very little about the JW religion), they don't generally enter into relationships with non-JW churches, or other religions.

If they did begin doing this (and these hate incidents are certainly a really good reason to do it!), all involved would benefit (JW or not).

On a practical basis, it is common for Jewish congregations and Muslim congregations to, in effect, "have each other's backs" in situations like these. Not only is it good for each group individually, but this kind of cooperative help fosters understanding and empathy for the other group, which is not only a benefit to both groups, but also has the effect of making the entire community (regardless of religion, denomination, beliefs, or non-beliefs, like atheism) a safer, less stressful, and more appealing place to live--for everyone, including the kids growing up.

Cooperation and mutual friendly relationships really do work to make the entire area a better place to live for everyone.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: December 08, 2018 02:04AM

No, they wouldn't. All religions are "false" religions except theirs. They wouldn't enter another church, in my experience. The Whore of Babylon (Catholicism) in particular.

They don't believe there is mutual benefit if they are the only true religion and all the others are false/evil.

And part of keeping themselves "separate from the world", another Bible verse they take as literal and absolute.

Ecumenism is not of God. According to their world view.

Sad outlook eh?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2018 02:04AM by Nightingale.

Posted by: Anon 3 ( )
Date: December 07, 2018 10:55PM

Someones been burning jw kingdom halls all this year. Take a guess someone got shunned.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: December 08, 2018 02:29AM

Could also be *just* a hate crime. JW's were subject to the concentration camps of the Holocaust also, for being *different.*

Date: December 08, 2018 03:05AM

Amyjo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Could also be *just* a hate crime. JW's were
> subject to the concentration camps of the
> Holocaust also, for being *different.*

Yes.

I don't know the "why," but JW's were definitely included in the peoples and groups that the Nazis did not want to exist.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: December 08, 2018 04:46AM

JWs would not give the Nazi salute, use their flag, sing the anthem or serve in the military. Those are their beliefs no matter who is in power. To the Nazis it was subversive though. Disobedience got many a one way ticket.

Check out the blurb on it at the Holocaust Museum web site. Sorry, can't get link to post from my iphone.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.