Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: December 08, 2018 10:00AM

Since a few people have asked me about this, I thought I'd tell you the most recent event.

I did start a medical transcription job I applied for on line. It was about half what I used to earn, but I need to be working, so I took it. Trained for it (we don't get paid for training) and worked a few nights for them. Thursday, my contractor medical transcription job, which hasn't had much work for me since June called me and said they have a new account and I will have as much work as I need and it pays double what the other job I started did.

I'm beyond thrilled. At the very least, I will have this contract until I'm 62, when I can take early SS.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: December 08, 2018 10:05AM

Good for you. Sometimes good things happen to good people!

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: December 08, 2018 10:10AM

That’s awesome. You obviously do better work than Lucifer. Isn’t he supposed to be making our lives miserable? He’s failing big time.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 08, 2018 10:10AM

Glad you hear it! Good luck.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: December 08, 2018 10:36AM

Fantastic, Chlorine!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 08, 2018 10:44AM

Wonderful news! I'm glad that things are working out.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: December 08, 2018 10:52AM

This is wonderful news, Cl2 !
:D

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: December 08, 2018 01:51PM

Well, there you have it.

A true Xmas miracle.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: December 08, 2018 01:57PM

Ditto this.

Very happy for you!

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: December 08, 2018 01:56PM

This is wonderful, c12!

Congratulations!

:)

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: December 08, 2018 02:53PM

Great news! You must have been paying your tithing! ; ' )

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: December 08, 2018 06:39PM

I haven't been without a job (though needed to take a part-time one for a while) for over 30 years and this really has been difficult for me.

For those who said things about tithing, etc., I was thinking all my neighbors, etc., are probably thinking that I'm being punished for being a sinner, but the way things have worked out, I'd say, yes, a Xmas miracle!

To say the least, I'M THRILLED!

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: December 08, 2018 07:02PM

I had the great pleasure of actually meeting cl2 recently, and will personally vouch she is NOT a tithe-payer! "Chlorine," you were a high-point of my "research trip."

Posted by: Honest TB[long] ( )
Date: December 08, 2018 07:34PM

How can you possibly be succeeding? You've left the Church and therefore I'm automatically assuming that your life has become nothing but misery. Actually I shouldn't be really asking any questions at all because the Beloved Correlation program doesn't teach us to ask questions but to just be obedient sheep.

Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: December 08, 2018 08:54PM

Sounds good, a job is a job, and all work is worthwhile :)

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: December 08, 2018 09:36PM

Not a miracle :) This is the result of all the great, hard work you have done in the past. I am so happy for you! You SO deserve good things to happen in your life.

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: December 08, 2018 10:42PM

Blessings from the Flying Spaghetti Monster!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: December 08, 2018 10:58PM

I enjoyed meeting up with caffeined. He took me to Trenton where my mother grew up with her polygamist grandmother and her parents.

anono, the thing I'm most grateful for is that I am still able to have a good paying job as a medical transcriptionist. The guy that owns the company actually was my boss at tee company the hospital first contracted with 30 years ago. He started his own company about 12 to 15 years ago. AND he pays well. Makes the job setup easy. No new program to learn. I already had the Sam's Club job when his sister called to let me know about this new contract. I'm going to work both until I see if I can handle both, and then keep one of them, depending on which I like the best, when I take SS at 62 in July.

I worked both jobs today, well orientation for Sam's. They have some great benefits that I wasn't aware of even for the part time workers like me. And then I came home and worked for 2 hours for my medical transcription job.

I have "two" men who can take care of me financially right now, but after being basically on my own most of my adult life, I don't like to depend on them. I like to take care of myself.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.