Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 12, 2019 12:34PM

'Salvation is an individual matter, but exaltation is a family matter'

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2008/04/salvation-and-exaltation?lang=eng

R.Nelson continues his speech with emphasis on duties of parents...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: January 12, 2019 12:57PM

Not being ex-LDS, my first take is that salvation refers to gaining access to the Terrestrial Kingdom, the intermediate level of the afterlife, or perhaps the lower (and only the lower) level in the Celestial Kingdom? Then, it seems to me, exaltation is the higher of the three levels of the CK? Thus, "an individual matter.

This brings up the matter of celestial polygamy, the "New and Everlasting Covenant," (rarely mentioned, but never denied or repudiated), which means access to the highest level of the CK, and "the eternities beyond," is available only to those men who enter into polygamous marriages (if not here on Earth, then hereafter, posthumously). Hence, "a family matter."

So that's my first guess. I'd love to hear from those familiar with "deep doctrine."

"The only men who become Gods, even the Sons of God, are those who enter into polygamy. Others attain unto a glory and may even be permitted to come into the presence of the Father and the Son; but they cannot reign as kings in glory, because they had blessings offered unto them, and they refused to accept them". Brigham Young, JD 11:269

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 12, 2019 01:04PM

He is stating that a person's only value to the Mormon church is their ability to produce children and to program them.

They already have Outer Darkness up and running. It's called Singles Ward.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: January 12, 2019 01:52PM

So.Glad.Not.To.Be.Part.Of.These. LIES

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.