Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: February 08, 2019 11:13AM

https://abcnews.go.com/US/animal-clinic-rescues-frozen-cat-snow-bank-montana/story

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/frozen-cat-back-to-life-buried-snow-fluffy-montana-canada-a8769696.html

Fluffy used up one of her nine lives.

The owners of Fluffy, who live in Kalispell, Montana, in the far northwest of the state, found her in a snow bank on Jan. 31 -- unresponsive, with her fur matted with ice. The low in nearby Whitefish was a bone-chilling 8 degrees on Jan. 31, and they had received about 16 inches of snow for the month.

Dr. Jevon Clark, who works at the Animal Clinic of Kalispell, told ABC News when they brought Fluffy to the clinic her temperature was so slow it didn't even register on a thermometer -- with a bottom range of 90 degrees. According to Clark, cats' temperatures normally are around 101 degrees.

After about two hours of using warm water and blankets, the cat’s temperature was still too low, so they took her to the emergency room. After a few more hours, Fluffy finally began to show signs of recovery.

The animal hospital shared the good news on Tuesday morning that Fluffy has made a full recovery and is back at home with her owners.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: February 08, 2019 12:08PM

Hmmmm.....I think I'll watch "Pet Sematary" tonight.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: February 08, 2019 12:35PM

I saw that on my local news. VERY wonderful feel good story. :)

GOOOooooo FLuffly....(cats should be indoors during bad weather, if not always, IMO)

Posted by: fakeness ( )
Date: February 08, 2019 01:38PM

The title is misleading. "Brought back to life" implies having been clinically dead. This cat wasn't. It was always alive, just unresponsive.

Posted by: East Coast Exmo ( )
Date: February 08, 2019 02:46PM

And it wasn't frozen, just suffering from hypothermia.

If the cat had really been frozen this would have been a much more interesting news story.

Posted by: Cathy ( )
Date: February 08, 2019 02:42PM

Makes me happy.

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: February 08, 2019 02:58PM

I blame the owners for letting the cat outside. I never let mine out, it is dangerous for them, and dangerous to wildlife.

:) :) :)

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: February 08, 2019 10:00PM

Once I realized the cat was okay, I had to laugh because when I saw this on the news this morning, the story started out by saying "this cat only has eight lives left".

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: February 08, 2019 10:06PM

Can they do the same to TSM?

Posted by: lindy ( )
Date: February 08, 2019 10:58PM

While I'm happy the cat made a full recovery it should never have been outside in those weather conditions in the first place.

Our cat would never have to deal with severe cold ( west coast Oz) but it is still an indoors cat. Safer for him, safer for the local birds, lizards etc.

* Cat lover *

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: February 09, 2019 07:57PM

lindy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> it should never have been outside
>
> * Cat lover *

Me Too! Love my cats, keep them safe, by keeping them inside.

:) :) :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.