Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: February 15, 2019 10:47PM

I found this on an estate sale listing for next weekend, somewhere in SLC. They aren't showing complete lists but this is some books shown.

https://imgur.com/a/FM7sKWl

Looks like some church books and some not. I've not seen "A New Witness for Christ In America. The Book of Mormon". Is that an actual early BOM?

This estate sale shows some old electronics. I may go look at them next weekend.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nli ( )
Date: February 15, 2019 11:23PM

It's a two volume set defending the BoM by Francis Kirkham

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 16, 2019 09:18AM

The seller is advertising a Mormon "liberry."

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: February 16, 2019 04:14PM

Summer, the spelling "liberry" is all my doing; I wrote that caption.

I know how to spell it correctly but for many years, I think my kids were in school I always said "let's go to the liberry". They either thought it was fun or they hated it, depending on how the felt about the library.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 16, 2019 07:10PM

LOL! I was just explaining to my students the proper spelling and pronunciation for, "February." I told them, yes it sounds strange and it's hard to say. But that's how it is. You just have to learn it.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 16, 2019 09:43AM

You don't want old electronics. That's just asking for trouble.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: February 16, 2019 12:16PM

ooooh love estate sales - you find the most esoteric items mingled with scripture.

I have many prized finds from estate sales. That's where you get your best finds because the family usually needs to get EVERYTHING out under timelines AND you get to see the complete collection and cherry pick your favorite pieces.

JUST GO EARLY and have a blast

I'd go with you if I were in SLC.

Posted by: Ldsbull ( )
Date: February 17, 2019 10:35PM

Its all fiction

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: February 17, 2019 11:29PM

I have one of my great-grandfathers books titled "Scientific Aspects of Mormonism". When I was going through the books after my mother died, I kept ONLY books with the owner's signature in them, so I know it was his. He didn't write it, but he had a habit of signing every book he owned I guess.

Each and every one of them is mormon related, which isn't the shock, the shock is the idea that there could even remotely be ANY "Scientific Aspects of Mormonism". Gravity? I guess so.

I never read the book and have neither the time nor the inclination to do so, but funny title IMO.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.