Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: February 18, 2019 01:01AM

I fully expect that the prophet will one day counsel the members of the Church that the Lord has revealed to them that they no longer need to be particularly concerned about long-term food storage and emergency supplies...and then...shortly after that prophetic advice is given...the Big One will hit hard in such a way that, finally, all the long-term food storage and emergency supplies would have turned out to be life savers.

And, in other news....

Adam/Michael appeared to Russell M. Nelson in the Holy of Holies yesterday and yelled at the Mormon prophet for several hours. Most of what was said sounded like Adamic cursing or was otherwise too indistinct to be overheard by temple workers outside the room.

But everyone heard one string of rebuke very clearly, as Adam/Michael seemed to be particularly agitated when he loudly yelled: "What do you mean you don't think I'm God??? Why...you little pissant! #!@#&!! [Adamic language] Who told you you could ignore what I revealed to my great prophet Brigham??? Huh? Tell me now! Who told you it was okay to ignore that revelation?? Oh, yeah, that's right! NOBODY!"

When contacted for his commentary on this news, President Nelson's office refused to return any phone calls.

"It's been a really awkward day for everyone," commented one of the temple workers who had been standing outside of the Holy of Holies at the time in question. "I think President Nelson just needs some personal space now and maybe some comforting words from Wendy."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: logged out 4 now ( )
Date: February 18, 2019 01:19AM

MAGA = Make Adamic Global Again

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: February 18, 2019 01:56PM

Their track record is perfect. Any prophesy that didn't pan out was when they were "speaking as men". C'mon- you know better.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: February 18, 2019 09:53PM

Even when the guy in question claims to be speaking as a prophet, they can still say that he was only speaking as a man when he claimed to be speaking as a prophet--especially when whatever he said turned out to be wrong or subsequently became inconvenient to his successors.

Doubter: "But...but...when he said that Adam is our god and the only god whom we worship and to whom we pray, he was speaking as the prophet in General Conference."

TBM: "Yeah, well, he was speaking as a man when he erroneously claimed to be speaking as a prophet. We know that now because he erred."

Doubter: "Oh, so if I claim to be speaking as a regular person and it turns out I'm correct, does that mean that I was actually speaking as a prophet?"

TBM: "No. Doesn't work that way. House rules. The house always wins. LDS Corp. is the house. You lose."

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: February 19, 2019 10:59AM

Great stuff here, Wally!

Speaking as a person, of course, only.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.