Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: March 23, 2019 02:46PM

Joseph goes to groove and prays. He gets real time messages in person. Does not follow them exactly and is not clear on the whole story.

Gets plates to translate. Gets stuff to aid in translation. Now we find out he used a rock in a hat. A rock he found in a well.

Then we have the Blacks given the Priesthood. Very unclear how that came about.

Then we have an old guy who gets messages at night and wakes up and writes them down.

So we go from direct communication to "impressions I get at night." No wonder they have to tell people how to bear testimony.

The temple is even better. We had a play in the beginning. Real people speaking and sort of acting.

Then we go to movies and just have people stand up at front and do very little. Great sound and interesting productions.

Now we have power point.

Yes God does work in an interesting way.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: March 23, 2019 02:57PM

John Taylor, Wilfred Woodruff, Lorenzo Snow and Joseph F. Smith all claimed revelations through dreams.

Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: March 23, 2019 03:13PM

Did not know.

Did it affect the direction of the Church or gospel teachings?

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: March 23, 2019 09:33PM

Joseph F Smith's vision became section 138 of D&C

Woodruff's visions were numerous. Among them was a dream to perform the endowments for 100 famous men including George Washington and the founding fathers as well as Columbus. Supposedly this sparked renewed interest in genealogy.

He also claimed to have regular visions of Joseph Smith who advised him.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 23, 2019 04:04PM

They also did AWAY WITH 'Thus saith the Lord'

https://speeches.byu.edu/talks/hugh-b-brown_profile-of-a-prophet/

Posted by: Elohim's secretary ( )
Date: March 23, 2019 06:52PM

Look, I'll spell it out for you, Jehovah has always been a little squirrely. Personally I blame his mother, although that does me know good because she went off with her favorite son, Lucifer, back when all that 'who gets the glory' stuff went down.

Here's the deal, Jehovah, and it's no big secret to anyone who's been around him for awhile, is absolutely 'on the spectrum'. Even to those who only know him second-hand, it has to be pretty clear, once you start wondering about all the history. Right?

Obviously in my position I've got really big fish to fry, so I am definitely not up to date on his current activity, but wacky behavior is always on the agenda when the God of your world is involved.

One example: He was supposed to "Return" to you well over a decade ago! My boss is cutting Him a lot of slack, but I can’t help but wonder how long the leash is. Oh, sure, it's all part of The Scheme Of Things, absolutely everything is!, but still, some of us are positively bug-eyed.

Hang in there, follow the path already planned for you and before you know it you'll get your God-card and maybe we'll run into each other on a Celestial tennis court! Sure, I could look up the future, but I would rather be surprised.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: March 23, 2019 07:34PM

"Sure, I could look up the future, but I would rather be surprised",

You just cannot drop info like that and expect us not to try and get you to change your mind. Just a tiny peek?

I so want to know if ole sleazy Jo in hell can be heard by God up in heaven sharing the news that he has finished his second great book, this time with steel and real horses and things, and when would God like to read it?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.