Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 08:54AM

Good morning from a sunny beautiful but chilly morning in Eastern North Carolina. I am just sitting here at the house relaxing before I am off to church in a bit. Other than church and Sunday School, I do not have very much planned for the day. I probably go and put my endless amount of laundry away sometime this afternoon and get it off the dining room table but we will see about that.

So what is everyone else up to today?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 09:20AM

You're up bright and early.

I'm recovering from a bad cold have had since Thursday. Pinching myself as to whether I'm getting any better or not. Feeling a leetle beet better than yesterday, by degrees only.

I really want to go shopping (bad idea since I'm trying to save money!)

But I wants and needs to get an Easter basket off to one of my adult children who still believes in fairy tales and mamas who make dreams come true. ;o)

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 09:26AM

Coffee and breakfast with friends....put on 550 miles yesterday to watch my grandson play hockey so chillin' today.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 10:17AM

I now have another transcription job that I start this week. They pay at least closer to what I used to earn. They seem like a decent place to work for.

I've had a lot more transcription from my other job. I didn't have any during January and most of February.

And now my hours at Sam's have been cut because of changes in policies, but I needed to be forced to get something else as I'm weary of being treated like a stupid old lady at Sam's by the bosses. The MANAGER no less was showing the cashier I was working with how I had placed the items on the belt wrong (UPC not facing the cashier--you don't have time to do this and I was never told you have to AND NOBODY DOES IT). She talked as though I wasn't there. Bitch. All this for the amount of money I made at Thiokol 33 years ago. It's been FUN. Though I have made friends. If I had my new transcription job under my belt, I would have told the bitch what she could do with her job and walked out the door. P.S. She wears the same outfit every day. Old faded jeans, tennis shoes, and always wears a coat, the same coat.

I'm doing some transcription this morning, then 6 plus hours at Sam's. Wait, that isn't right. I can't work 6-1/2 hours. I have to work 6 or 7-1/2. Not in between. Well, we'll have a little talk with the supervisor when I get there. You can tell I'm in a good mood about the place today.

That's about it. Take my dogs for a walk if the rain lets up.

May I just add for any customers of Sam's, COSTCO, COSTCO, COSTCO. Support Costco. They pay their cashiers $5 more an hour than Sam's. They have no self checkouts or "scan and go" so cashiers won't lose their jobs. Besides, they have a better choice of items to purchase.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2019 10:22AM by cl2.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 01:13PM

Hi cl2, please let us know if you leave Sam's. I was hoping to swing by there this summer and meet you. I think we have the same birthday.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 11:35PM

so that I can keep my free membership and see the sales on clothes, when they mark them down to $2.81 or something like that.

I have already been approved to take my birthday off--July 1st. I'll be 62 this year and I do plan on taking SS in some form (I've heard of ways to take half my ex's until I'm 67 and then I'll get full SS and supposedly he will get full). He is going to ask our tax guy (who specializes in this) this week.

I've now got 3 jobs and I'm taking a class in medical coding on line. I'm 26% of the way through it. I'm not busy at all???? ha ha ha

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 01:30PM

cl2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I now have another transcription job that I start
> this week. They pay at least closer to what I used
> to earn. They seem like a decent place to work
> for.
>
> I've had a lot more transcription from my other
> job. I didn't have any during January and most of
> February.
>
> And now my hours at Sam's have been cut because of
> changes in policies, but I needed to be forced to
> get something else as I'm weary of being treated
> like a stupid old lady at Sam's by the bosses. The
> MANAGER no less was showing the cashier I was
> working with how I had placed the items on the
> belt wrong (UPC not facing the cashier--you don't
> have time to do this and I was never told you have
> to AND NOBODY DOES IT). She talked as though I
> wasn't there. Bitch. All this for the amount of
> money I made at Thiokol 33 years ago. It's been
> FUN. Though I have made friends. If I had my new
> transcription job under my belt, I would have told
> the bitch what she could do with her job and
> walked out the door. P.S. She wears the same
> outfit every day. Old faded jeans, tennis shoes,
> and always wears a coat, the same coat.
>
> I'm doing some transcription this morning, then 6
> plus hours at Sam's. Wait, that isn't right. I
> can't work 6-1/2 hours. I have to work 6 or 7-1/2.
> Not in between. Well, we'll have a little talk
> with the supervisor when I get there. You can tell
> I'm in a good mood about the place today.
>
> That's about it. Take my dogs for a walk if the
> rain lets up.
>
> May I just add for any customers of Sam's, COSTCO,
> COSTCO, COSTCO. Support Costco. They pay their
> cashiers $5 more an hour than Sam's. They have no
> self checkouts or "scan and go" so cashiers won't
> lose their jobs. Besides, they have a better
> choice of items to purchase.

Sorry about your supervisor CL!! Hope you can quit soon!!!

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 11:13AM

Laundry, endless loads of laundry. Also watching the women’s NCAA Frozen Four later today. Go Gophers!!

Posted by: anon2828 ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 11:16AM

Working and daydreaming about someone I like.

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 04:46PM

Aw, that’s sweet! Those are the best kind of daydreams. I hope it comes true!

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 04:49PM

Watched the Flyers lose earlier, Boo!!!
Right now, reading, then tonight, hopefully the Blackhawks win, tomorrow night, the Bruins win

Date: March 24, 2019 01:06PM

designing the perfect handbag.

One that doesn't put too much pressure on my neck.

I'm making a compartment that holds lots of pens. a spot for a reasonably sized paperback book. some hidden compartments for special keys. I want it to be big enough for a dog that was supposed to weigh seven pounds that now weighs 14 lbs. It needs a water bottle stretchy thing. I want a transponder in it, in case I lose it. a spot for my iPad, and iPhone, and a safe spot for Excederin. one side needs to carry some makeup. and all the stuff that my husband ask me to carry for him. a spot for my sunglasses, eyeglasses, and extra contact lenses. oh, and a place for money.

its gotta carry some food.

but it has to be lightweight.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 03:43PM

Put your doggie on a diet!

Maybe you need to design a backpack, instead of a purse. How about one of those small cases on rollers, like you see at the airport? Remember when people used "shopping baskets" on wheels? Sometimes you see someone pushing their dog in a baby stroller, with a lot stuff in the stroller's carry-all. That looks adorable!

I have the same problem, carrying a lot of stuff, because I drink so much water, and water is heavy! Sometimes I have to lug around an older laptop computer that weighs a lot, plus a bunch of documents. I lock the computer in back of the car, and use my cell phone instead, whenever possible. A laptop case works for me, with a padded shoulder strap, and I switch shoulders often, and sometimes use the handle. I don't carry a live dog in there, though! (Mine is a 50 pound black lab mix.)

My car is like my third office. Sometimes I'm out all day, or have to drive a long distance. I keep extra unopened water bottles in the car, to share during the grandchildren's soccer games. Sometimes, there are skis in the back, or my son's coaching soccer goals and balls, or boxes of charity donations. My folding game-watching chair is in there too, along with extra hiking and gym clothes, an inverter to charge the laptop, etc.

Often, I'm too busy to bother with lunch. I have celiac disease, and also don't eat sugar, so fast food and eating out is usually not an option. In my car is a bag stocked with unsweetened applesauce, nut butter packets and crackers and small cans of water-packed fruit (very heavy). Most gas stations have milk, or plain yogurt to mix with the fruit. If my office friends decide to go out to lunch, I go with them, and order tea, and, afterwards, get what food I need from the car, to eat in my office. I have to cope with inflexible allergies, yet still be flexible.

TMI--sorry. Washing and cleaning out the car took all morning! (More fun than meetings or cleaning the church bathrooms.) We went skiing yesterday, and there was water and mud everywhere, and one of the little grandkids pee'd on the seat. My poor Subaru!

It's snowing, so the kids are coming over here this afternoon. Oh we love weekends, now we're free of the domineering cult!

Tonight, is my usual Sunday TV binge-watching, with my dog and cat.

Date: March 24, 2019 01:19PM

What I’m doing: checked the board for posts resurrected from 2012 with a new 2019 apologist post about having children in the afterlife as per moron beliefs. Found one! She does it every Sunday. Reported it to the mods. Sunday task complete

Date: March 24, 2019 01:26PM

kativicky Wrote:
> Good morning from a sunny beautiful but chilly
> morning in Eastern North Carolina. I am just
> sitting here at the house relaxing before I am off
> to church in a bit. Other than church and Sunday
> School, I do not have very much planned for the
> day. I probably go and put my endless amount of
> laundry away sometime this afternoon and get it
> off the dining room table but we will see about
> that.
>
> So what is everyone else up to today?

Why do you come to RfM if you are still attending TSCC and SS every Sunday? I don’t understand?

Posted by: rocomop ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 01:31PM

Hahahaha! She goes to a church she likes and which likes her back! Just not the Mormon church!

Date: March 24, 2019 04:23PM

rocomop Wrote:
> Hahahaha! She goes to a church she likes and which likes her back! Just not the Mormon church!

AH! She goes to another church!!! I get it, thanks, Roco!

Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 04:39PM

Yeah, I am a nevermo that somehow managed to stumble upon this site and was welcomed in with open arms. There are a few of us nevermo's here on this board so I know that I am not the only one. I attend a Original Free Will Baptist Church here in Eastern North Carolina that I love and is far removed from the horrors of the mormon church.

Posted by: Phoney Moroni ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 02:45PM

Dropped some rubbish at the local tip & then mowed the front and back lawns. It was the first cut of the year, yes that weekly chore is now back.

Daughter number one & her partner then joined us for lunch & I'm now loading my new MP3 player with lots of on approved music.

Date: March 24, 2019 02:46PM

Trying to figure out best way to move a large inventory of glass.

Posted by: rocomop ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 02:56PM

Maybe call the Elders Quorum?

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 03:23PM

LOL

Date: March 24, 2019 03:25PM

Raining here. Coffee, breakfast, catching up on a couple message boards, cleaned the french press well (took it apart), cleaned the coffee grinder. Now I'm thinking about going for a walk during this lull in the rain.

Date: March 24, 2019 04:42PM

I'm sure everyone is waiting with bated breath ;-) so I'm updating to say that I did take a walk to the grocery store. Bought some frozen veggies and a Powerball ticket for the next drawing. Got rained on a little but not too bad at all.

Date: March 24, 2019 04:24PM

kathleen Wrote:
> Trying to figure out best way to move a large inventory of glass.

Well, if there was a little *accident* there wouldn't be any need to move it. Just sayin. :)

Posted by: chipace ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 03:20PM

Home cooked brunch with the family. Helped the 5 year old get his stuff off the floor so we could start the Roomba. Now taking the 5 year old to the neighborhood park. No brainwashing for me or the family today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2019 03:20PM by chipace.

Posted by: sad ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 04:07PM

i am glad to not be at the cult but sad because it's my son's birthday...unfortunately he was murdered 15 years ago. i am just very sad.

Date: March 24, 2019 04:25PM

sad Wrote:
> i am glad to not be at the cult but sad because it's my son's birthday...

I am very sorry for your loss. I am glad that you celebrate his life and birthday even though he is gone though.

Hugs. :) :) :)

Posted by: sad ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 04:28PM

thank you for your kind words.

just watching the news about the report on trump and a person i know that is a true democrat stated that someone should have killed trump a long time ago.

what kind of person would say something like that. would they like to have someone in their family murdered? i think not.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 11:38PM

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 05:02PM

Well I did the unthinkable and went shopping.

The Hoppy Easter mug was still there so I knew it was meant to be. I have some organic jelly beans to fill that with.

The blue and white floor rug was not, so it was not a match made in heaven. Someone else snatched up that bargain in a heartbeat. (good for them!)

I'm still feeling pretty weak from my cold, but it was nice to get outside for a bit since I hadn't been outside since Friday. Had lunch at my favorite supermarket, and bought some more cough syrup. Just so I don't run out. Those 8 oz bottles go very fast when you're using them around the clock.

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 06:50PM

Made an attempt at ma-po tofu for an early dinner. The tofu crumbled when mixing (note: use firmer than silken tofu next time), but the flavor has a nice bit of fire.

Eating that while binging Next Gen.

Posted by: chipace ( )
Date: March 25, 2019 01:40AM

I had home made mapo tofu for dinner too. Miso soup and kabocha with it.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 07:13PM

Great weather today where I live so a seven Mike hike through some great scenery! No Mormon stuff

Posted by: dp ( )
Date: March 25, 2019 02:00AM

Responding to trolls.

Well, maybe they're not trying to be trolls, but it came off that way.

:)

Date: March 25, 2019 02:00AM

(Maybe I'm the troll.)

/me laughs gleefully

Date: March 25, 2019 02:10AM

(New and improved answer with 100% more seriousness...)

After she came home from church today, the TBM wife started watching "The Keepers" on Netflix. Very interesting documentary about allegations of sexual abuse by priests in the Baltimore diocese, along with a bit about the murder of a nun in the same location. The two story lines were tightly correlated. I didn't intend to join in watching, but I'd hear bits and pieces from the other room, and it caught my attention.

(Before that, while she and the kids were away I watched a couple episodes of "Weeds".)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.