Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 09, 2019 01:16PM

Oaks asserts the right to be judgmental of others.

Did you think that he would speak on kindness or compassion?

As part of the gospel plan, Oaks said, “we are accountable to God and to his chosen servants, and that accountability involves both mortal and divine judgments.”

In the church, leaders seek “divine direction” as to how to judge “members or prospective members,” he said. “It is their responsibility to judge persons who are seeking to come unto Christ to receive the power of his atonement on the covenant path to eternal life.”

They must decide if a person is worthy of a recommend to attend the temple. Has a person whose name has been removed from the records of the church repented to be readmitted by baptism?

“The ultimate accountability, including the final cleansing effect of repentance,” Oaks said, “is between each of us and God.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 09, 2019 01:18PM

That bedshitting old m'fer ain't qualified to judge me!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 09, 2019 01:27PM

(Wait)

In a certain sense, 'judgments' are actually decisions.

parents decide who will be good playmates for their children, what to eat, which movies & tv to view.

as adults, we decide who our friends will be, what recreation, what occupations, who to partner with, etc etc etc.

Decisions are the essence of life, About Ourselves & our interactions with others.

Posted by: OneWayJay ( )
Date: April 09, 2019 01:29PM

Oaks and his accountability.

How much for not preventing rapists, child molesters and even murderers from becoming part of this "one true church"?

That leaders would brag Temple work done for all Presidents but two they did not like - because of perceived slights to the church - but willingly do temple work and marriage for Adolf Hitler tells us a lot about you.

Date: April 09, 2019 01:39PM

"They must decide if a person is worthy of a recommend to attend the temple."

I guess that I still have a chip on my shoulder. I think that I'm one of the few that admits that I was denied a TR by the stake presidency according to the so-called BS judgment of spiritual discernment. I was accused of verbally abusing my spouse. That's why I was told to confess and repent within a 2 week period.

I denied the charges and I was told that my denial was only part of my problem for creating disharmony in my home.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 09, 2019 02:34PM

Wasn't he a judge?

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: April 09, 2019 02:47PM

Well let's shower some reality here. There is no church. There is only a corporation of sole which is owned by the single shareholder Russel M Nelson. As long as Russ is alive, he can do whatever the hell he wants with the church.

Dallin H Oaks is a full time employee of the corporation. He owns no shares. He's given a salary and a car to drive and some very good health benefits.

Any perception Dallin H Oaks is more than just a corporate employee is all in the minds of people Oaks manages to fool into thinking he's a true apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ. Of course Oaks is motivated to fool those people because their donations to the corporation pay his salary.

So Oaks can choose to pass judgement all he wants. He's in a good place for him. He's getting paid and the owner of the corporation he works for is his best buddy. Life is pretty good for Oaks right now. Sure he can pass judgement on others who don't enjoy the job security he has and are dealing with all sorts of problems people in his position don't need to worry about. Yeah sure you have to travel around and meet people and go to meetings but the paycheck is secure and there are all sorts of benefits. Since it's a private corporation who knows what you are really getting. Very little is disclosed to the public.

Anyways Oaks the corporate employee can parade around as an apostle and bark all he wants from the podium. I will just live my life and let him live in his cozy delusion.

Date: April 09, 2019 03:02PM

Jesus wouldn't even get past the first level of security of the COB if he tried to meet with the first presidency.

Posted by: rubicon ( )
Date: April 09, 2019 02:58PM

messygoop Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oaks asserts the right to be judgmental of others.
>
>
> Did you think that he would speak on kindness or
> compassion?
>
> As part of the gospel plan, Oaks said, “we are
> accountable to God and to his chosen servants, and
> that accountability involves both mortal and
> divine judgments.”
>
> In the church, leaders seek “divine direction”
> as to how to judge “members or prospective
> members,” he said. “It is their responsibility
> to judge persons who are seeking to come unto
> Christ to receive the power of his atonement on
> the covenant path to eternal life.”
>
> They must decide if a person is worthy of a
> recommend to attend the temple. Has a person whose
> name has been removed from the records of the
> church repented to be readmitted by baptism?
>
> “The ultimate accountability, including the
> final cleansing effect of repentance,” Oaks
> said, “is between each of us and God.”

Haha! Covenant path. Christ himself said Harrod's temple would be destroyed and that he was fulfilling the old law. No need for temples or those covenants according to Jesus himself. My body is a temple. It was people like Oaks who yelled crucify him! The leaders of the LDS church would at least excommunicate Jesus in a hot minute as soon and he showed any signs of disagreeing with the church leadership. Haha!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.