Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: April 28, 2019 01:57PM

I've talked about my mission to Sao Paulo Brasil, August 1968 November 1970. I've talked about it too much.

Does anyone know anyone who served in roughly the same time range? I'd like to contact some of them to see if they are interested in receiving some of the items I brought home that are related to some of the items I have. I'm moving soon and hope it's the last time in a while.

There used to be the Mission.net but it's all gone now, or at least not updated for a long time and there never was a lot of us from that era, mostly because we are too old to do the internet and don't feel like learning this late in life (I've had several old people tell me that).

If you know anyone, please feel free to give them the email address that's on my contact page here.

EDITING DONE: Apparently someone has updated Mission.net and it's a little more current (last post 2011) but still not much information from missionaries from my era.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2019 02:03PM by memikeyounot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 28, 2019 02:05PM

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: April 28, 2019 03:13PM

I started in São Paulo about a year ahead of you, but was up north when the mission split, so we likely never met. I don't have any email addy that you would find useful, but I do live in downtown SLC, and I think you are close by, so would be happy to meet for coffee. I'm old enough to be trying to declutter rather than inflicting all of it on my survivors, but hey, we can talk.

My email is public on RFM. Click my id on a thread I created.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: May 01, 2019 10:27AM

Sorry I didn't respond before now but I'm trying not to spend so much time on RfM. Not sure why. Actually, yes I am but that's for another day.

I found that the Mission.net was updated last in 2011 and I contacted thru Facebook the guy who was the webmaster for that page. He's in his 40's I think with 5 kids and a bishopric job and wants to know if I'd like to take over the webmaster position.

I told him I probably don't have the skills (which is true) so I guess that's the end of that. I was going through some of my stuff and searched the names of people I remember and either they're not on Facebook or dead so I guess that the end of that. I'll contact you through your email.

Thanks
Michael

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.