Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: spanner ( )
Date: April 20, 2015 04:58AM

Ahh, funny exmo moments when you realise you are on the way to recovery. Was talking about clothes with my never-mo hubby and kid. As in, nice clothes and awful clothes that one should or should not wear. For some reason my son mentioned "Grandma's pajamas" as something he hoped never to see on his mother. I fell about laughing. Those are not pajamas of course. He has had the misfortune to see my mother in garments while staying with the grandparents.

I am so glad my son will never see his mother sneaking around the house in the early hours wearing such ugly smalls.

One of many many reasons I am so glad he has nothing to do with the church. When I was his age, I simply accepted I would have to wear those ugly things at some point, along with all the body-hating messages that went along with the whole garment/morality package. I still can't actually get naked in front of my husband, but my children won't have have to go through this. Thank the flying spaghetti monster!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 20, 2015 06:14AM

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: April 20, 2015 07:12AM

I am happy for you...and for your husband and family, too.

:) :) :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2015 07:13AM by tevai.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: April 20, 2015 11:20AM

What is it with mormons parading around in those horrid see through underwear in front of their kids?

My kids never, ever saw me in those things. It traumatized me to look in the mirror, why would I do that to them? My husband very seldom saw me in them because I didn't want to traumatize him either! I took them off every night. It was hot and humid where we lived, so I didn't wear them in the summer. That was just common sense. Basically they were my daytime long johns in the freezing winter.

Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: April 21, 2015 11:44AM

I was cuddling with a mormon girl on her couch at her house. Things were about to get more intense until her dad walked in while in his garments. It ruined the mood.

Posted by: siflbiscuit ( )
Date: April 21, 2015 04:13PM

My parents walked around in theirs all the time. My dad more so than my stepmom. Only he would just wear the bottoms, no shirt. Those garments are supposed to cover nakedness but leave absolutely nothing to the imagination. My best friend used to sleep over all the time and since my parents viewed her as just another one of the kids, they didn't bother to cover themselves in front of her either. We used to giggle about how grossed out we were seeing my dad walk around in just garment bottoms.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 21, 2015 07:35PM

When I was fourteen, my father swished around the house in nothing but urine stained garments. They were so threadbare, you could see the dark outline of his junk. The buttflap opened and closed as he walked, exposing his ugly ass. He railed at his eldest daughter about modest clothing and paraded around like Salome down to her last veil.

I knew that I would never wear such an offensive and disgusting article of clothing, and I never did. Good job, Dad. Did I mention that you suck?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2015 07:37PM by donbagley.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 22, 2015 01:03AM

That goes a long way to help me understand your atheism, Don! Whew!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 22, 2015 02:19AM

Posted by: Chromesthesia ( )
Date: April 22, 2015 08:09AM

Omg ew. The descriptions. I can picture it clearly. I need brain bleach. Thank the goddess's bountiful titties i was not born in the mormon church. Gross gross gross

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: April 21, 2015 12:47AM

1. Garments were made "to cover your nakedness" hence it ok to parade around in them. Including the one piece.

2. Garments were "anciently made of skins" think about wearing leather 24/7

Posted by: blankstare ( )
Date: April 21, 2015 08:45AM

I had an embarrassing incident while on a mission in Europe in 79. It was just prior to the two piece garments. I hated thise one piece things with a passion. Whenever i bent over to tie my shoe or pick something up, the things would cram up my butt crack and ride up my legs clear to the crotch. I would unconsciously push them down through my pants and pick them out of my crack.

So one day we were talking to a guy on the street and i had to tie my shoe. The conversation continued while i pulled the garment legs down without realizing it. The guy looked at me strange and said, "Are you wearing a garter belt?" Embarrassed is an understatement.

Shortly after, my sister said the church came out with the two piece style and mailed me several pair. I still disliked them but they didnt run up my legs and crack like the one piecers.

Posted by: Hikergrl ( )
Date: April 21, 2015 10:21AM

I too saw my mom in the ugly garments AND the ugliest bras and panties worn over the top PLUS pantyhose over that mess!!! (I don't even want to talk about the smell.) So you can imagine my shock when I slept over at my girlfriend's house and her mom came out in the morning (I forget why) only wearing an adorable bra and panty set.

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: April 21, 2015 11:40AM

Try adding a girdle with clips for nylons and my retina never recovered...

Posted by: siflbiscuit ( )
Date: April 21, 2015 04:19PM

Oh God the smell. Luckily, I grew up in PA where the summers weren't terribly hot or humid. My stepmom has a fascination with Skin So Soft and some type of body powder. Even smelling that powder makes me gag now.

Posted by: Hikergrl ( )
Date: April 21, 2015 07:25PM

Ahhh yes, I had forgotten about Skin So Soft. Now it is used as mosquito repellant...go figure!

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: April 22, 2015 03:20AM

I think I've told this story here before, but for those who didn't read it...

We (mom, sister and I) were converts in 1978. In the Netherlands, winter.. snow...
It was the days of the one piece garments but at that time, while my mom was investigating the church (I was 10) we didn't have a clue obviously.

We had a great relationship with the missionaries. We'd feed them all the time and they would come to our house to hang out loads.

So it was snowing.. and we were outside, having a snowball fight.. when we ambushed this one (poor) mishy.. grabbed him.. and tried to stuff handfulls of snow down the back of his pants...

My mom yanked on his vest to try and get to his bare back..

and yanked.. and yanked..

We thought he was squeeling because he was of afraid of the cold snow...
He managed to get away from us and not another word was said about it...

Poor lad..

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.