Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: icanseethelight ( )
Date: April 20, 2015 09:50PM

http://thechive.com/2015/04/20/19-of-the-most-heavily-guarded-places-on-earth-19-photos/

That's right. The Mormon church vault is right up there with Fort Knox and the seed vault.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: April 20, 2015 10:19PM

But that's a really cool list.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: April 20, 2015 10:27PM

That was a MOST interesting series of sites to scroll through...especially since I hadn't seen most of them before (or even known they existed!).

Thank you!!

:)

Posted by: icanseethelight ( )
Date: April 20, 2015 11:25PM

You are welcome. I thought it was a cool lost too, but the church vault? Gotta protect the seer stone I guess.

Posted by: torturednevermo ( )
Date: April 21, 2015 12:20AM

Ya, thanks for that cool list. I had a few thoughts looking at those places.

The Mormon bunker looked like it could be a refuge bunker for the church leaders. I’d bet some of that tithing money went to build them a nice little bomb shelter for themselves. Ah yes, curious hobbies for the rich and privileged.

Also, the remote data storage centre on the North sea … looks like a well aimed missile from a jet would take that place out in a hurry. I just didn’t get it. Protected from who, the homeless?

Finally, regarding the seed vault: if something that bad happened to the planet to eradicate plant diversity and any food supply, then what are the odds that the people who know how to access the place are going to be around to let anybody in? Not to mention, how would anybody get to it either? Swim?

I’m sure there are good answers to these questions, but I just thought I’d ask them anyway.

Thanks again for the link.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.