Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: August 16, 2019 12:57PM

....although the story is kind of lacking details. '

This is probably only interesting to Utahns since it was on KSL-news yesterday and last night. It caught my attention because the young man's wife is a relative of a girl my granddaughter knows—she’s doesn’t know him, but was just telling her mom and it got around. It’s always nice to see positive results and there’s been some this summer that didn’t turn out as well.

Even though it’s not specified, the Facebook post from his wife and the comments from family sound very Mormonish. Nothing wrong with that.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46618944/missing-utah-hiker-found-alive-in-montana-family-says

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: August 16, 2019 01:06PM

I wonder if that trail is part of the Great Divide Mountain Bike trail. Very popular as it runs from Canada down to Mexico and takes 30-60 days. My son and I thought about doing it, but the Grizzly Bears...not a big fan of Montana Burritos.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: August 16, 2019 01:17PM

I read that story again and it's a little confusing....it calls him a hiker but he was on horseback but it does sound as if he was in pretty good shape when he came to the camp.

At any rate, glad to hear that he's safe.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: August 16, 2019 06:16PM

has been quite a while! Day after day hearing it on the news. I'm glad they found him or he found them.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.