Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Nevernever ( )
Date: April 22, 2015 01:20AM

It is hard enough living here as a nevermo. Now I will have a temple on a hill glaring at me daily. The cult's force is strong here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: April 22, 2015 04:31AM

Plant a row of fast-growing evergreens!

There was beautiful 80-year-old spruce tree evergreen that did us the favor of hiding the Mormon plastic-fake-New-England-in-Utah-style spire. The tree did block part of my view, but I enjoyed seeing the variety of birds and squirrels, hiding their food, building their nests, raising their young, year after year. Unfortunately, the tree was owned by our neighbors, and when they sold their house to some Mormons, the Mormons cut down all the beautiful, healthy trees--during Christmas vacation--and the favorite big one went down on Christmas Eve Day--I'm not lying about this! The buzz saws and shredders continued until 6:30 pm, Christmas Eve. Mormons are not Christians. I moved my study to a room that does not overlook the spire, because it was depressing.

I really do feel sorry for you! Maybe you can install some pretty shutters or curtains to cover the windows that face that direction. I suppose they light those eyesores at night.

The cult has no force, not really. Mormons are so in-your-face, that sometimes we need to make an effort to shut them out, but it is a tiny, silly cult, that builds big, ugly buildings.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: April 22, 2015 04:34AM

I forgot to say, that it helped us to mourn the loss of our view, just like any other loss. We cried a little, and got mad a lot, but there was nothing we could do about it. (We're still in the anger stage of mourning, though.)

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 22, 2015 02:35PM

It is a metaphor for Mormonism. Cut (cult) down living beautiful to promote dead ugly.

I think of all those beautiful people and souls cut down by Mormonism's Jello mold culture and dogma and also think of all those dead peoples' names used to bolster Mormonism's claim on after life.

Absolutist, conformist, living in their valleys of the dead claiming moral high ground in all things sexual.

They celebrate with the dead what they think they will endure to in life to get - a boring waiting room of glory.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: April 22, 2015 01:27PM

I have a TBM niece who lives there with her TBM family. That'll be just great for the Mos, but it will most definitely block the scenic view. The architecture will hopefully not be an eyesore once it's completed.

The closest temple before now was where, Logan or Idaho Falls?

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: April 22, 2015 03:31PM

Anything to intimidate

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.