Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: September 06, 2019 12:31AM

First - the sex abusing bishop previously discussed here:
https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2253934

Second - the baby smuggling woman here:
https://www.deseret.com/utah/2019/9/5/20851763/utah-woman-arrested-at-manila-airport-with-newborn-in-bag

because: "Dimaano said when he and other officials asked Talbot what she intended to do with the baby, she replied that she just wanted to give it “a name and a church blessing.”
Rriigghhtt. That's all it was.

Finally - you can now *watch* the BOM:
https://www.deseret.com/2019/9/5/20849248/book-of-mormon-new-video-library-scriptures-lds-church
Just...NO.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 06, 2019 12:37AM

Do I discern a pattern? Seriously, the church never developed the Catholics' skills at covering this stuff up.

The PR staff in SLC and Kirton McConkie must be in need of frequent changes of underwear.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 06, 2019 01:28AM

Expanding challenges for the Spinmeisters!!

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: September 06, 2019 03:26AM

into his"impossible punchline" routine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHkHw-NQ5Wk (language warning)

The message of the church is definitely getting out there. Unfortunately, it's not the message that the church wants to get out there. The message that is spreading far and wide is this: "If you need a punchline, contact a representative of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. But don't call us 'Mormons'."

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: September 06, 2019 03:36AM

[|] Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Second - the baby smuggling woman here:
> https://www.deseret.com/utah/2019/9/5/20851763/uta
> h-woman-arrested-at-manila-airport-with-newborn-in
> -bag
>
> because: "Dimaano said when he and other officials
> asked Talbot what she intended to do with the
> baby, she replied that she just wanted to give it
> “a name and a church blessing.”
> Rriigghhtt. That's all it was.
>
Whoa! I saw a headline in some news publication (completely unrelated to Utah and Mormons) where I am. I only saw the headline and had no idea that the lady was a Mormon. I remember thinking it sounded like a total nutjob.

In the Philippines, I guess they're complaining that Utah "is not sending their best" to the Philippines.

"Hey, nice baby you have there. I'm pretty sure you won't mind if I stuff him in my backpack and take him back to Utah to raise her as a Mormon. I'll just try to sneak him through customs. Should be no problem. I'll probably sneak him onto the plane too. They never notice things like that."

She sounds like a freakin' genius! Knowing that there are people like her in the world, I can relax because the next generation is in good hands.

Date: September 06, 2019 03:59AM

I am sure the Holy Ghost informed her that this spirit had selected her to be his Earthly mother in the pre-existence, but the Angels in the spirit shipping department at Kolobmart#327 made an unfortunate error. Thus, she had to go pickup the child (that was rightfully hers) in person. As soon as the authorities in the Phillippines realize the truth of the situation everything will work out just fine.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: September 11, 2019 09:24PM

Date: September 06, 2019 04:23AM

https://www.ksl.com/article/46633017/utahs-explicit-sex-education-guide-for-teachers-inappropriate-eagle-forum-president-says

"Utah law allows teachers to respond to spontaneous student questions for the purposes of providing medically accurate data or correcting inaccurate or misleading information or comments made by students in class, the guide states.

Robert Woods, a father of five children, four in public schools, said “it is disturbing as a parent to hear that these teachers are being encouraged to answer spontaneous questions about anal sex, oral sex, masturbation. Even though they say ‘Well, don’t get explicit,’ some of the suggested answers are very explicit.”

God forbid kids be allowed to ask questions in sex ed class.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: September 06, 2019 11:50AM

There's always Vogue Teen magazine, with its explicit articles on how to perform oral sex, anal sex, same-sex sex, how to get an abortion or VD treatment without your parents finding out. Useful things for today's young hook-up culture.

Date: September 06, 2019 01:16PM

I will not ask how you know this.

I will not.

Date: September 06, 2019 03:02PM

Date: September 07, 2019 01:40PM

Well that makes me feel better. For a moment there I thought you were a subscriber to Teen Vogue as well as Cosmopolitan!

Date: September 07, 2019 10:54PM

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 06, 2019 09:09AM

Then they can be shocked when the kids know more than they do. I think the kids learn about it from friends more than anywhere. The parents can't keep the kids from hearing about it. It is better they have answers than nothing at all or rumors.

As for this woman who was trying to smuggle a baby. I'm still in shock. I mean REALLY! She could go to prison for life.

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: September 06, 2019 02:50PM

I was the kid who would correct other kids and then do the no really we have a book, run home and grab one of my mother's nursing books off the shelf to prove my point.

Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: September 07, 2019 01:00PM

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: September 11, 2019 09:43PM

I consider myself a conservative, but what is wrong with asking sex questions in a classroom setting?, talk sex as much as they can, please, because if they get pregnant. I'm not paying for their abortions. please talk sex all you can and talk about having enough money in your account that qualifies you to have sex in the first place, yes sex should cost money in case you get pregnant you can pay for your own kid

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: September 11, 2019 10:29PM

It's Utah. Where, by law, they can only teach abstinence only. No birth control, no safe sex, no STD prevention, etc. Just say No!
Sex is a sin in Utah.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.