Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gannosu ( )
Date: September 11, 2019 09:19PM

I remember reading a statement by Joseph Smith that the Earth would be made into a Crystal Ball and would be the Celistial Kingdom. Does anyone know where that statement is, I would love to know.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 11, 2019 09:24PM

D&C 130:9, based on Rev 4:6.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 11, 2019 09:38PM

D&C 130:9  This earth, in its sanctified and immortal state, will be made like unto crystal and will be a Urim and Thummim to the inhabitants who dwell thereon, whereby all things pertaining to an inferior kingdom, or all kingdoms of a lower order, will be manifest to those who dwell on it; and this earth will be Christ’s.

When we leaned forward in priesthood class and lowered our voices, so as to create the double bubble of reverence and confidentiality, in order to properly discuss a mystery, we learned that as a 'Urim & Thummin', the earth would become a place of learning. Knowledge would be revealed by this big Crystal Ball/Earth and we would learn EVERYTHING, because it's all going to be on the Final Exam! If you don't know EVERYTHING, you can't be a ghawd!

And studying at U&T Tech was the answer. After all, Elohim is a ghawd of order! So Crystal Meth earth was not the Celestial Kingdom, it will be where ghawds-in-waiting will learn to be ghawds, while tying their friends' sandal straps together. Good times!

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: September 11, 2019 09:55PM

If the earth will be a Urim and Thummim, what planet will be the brown seer stone that will be used instead of earth?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 11, 2019 10:08PM

Are you mocking ghawd?

I gotz ta know!

But that is a great question. After all, the U&T is a 'translator'.

What is the medium or the object that we view via the U&T, so that it, the U&T, can fulfill its function as a translator?

And of course with the Seer Stone planet, hidden in a dark nebula, we can read all that we need to know!

Date: September 11, 2019 11:01PM

The U&T is a seer stone: surely you know that. So when the earth is perfected it enables people to see everything everywhere and at all times.

You will be able to dispense with your turtle shells, stop eviscerating those sheep, relinquish your dowsing stick, and sell your crystals and Tarot cards on eBay. Think of the dinner you can buy Saucie with the proceeds!

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: September 12, 2019 02:09PM

Thanks for thinking of me Lot's Wife... thats one of the things

I love about you.... always considering me.

I have great luck with picking the right people. Yay Us.

Date: September 12, 2019 02:29PM

You two are an example to all of us, proof that it is never too late for a deep, trusting, playful, loving relationship. Most people never achieve what you guys have built.

And your shared charm and wit. . .

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: September 11, 2019 11:59PM

What use is a seer stone without a hat?

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: September 12, 2019 12:22AM

What do you expect. Joseph Smith was into magic. A giant crystal ball is right down his ally. But sorry Joe. The Harry Potter books were more entertaining and interesting than anything you wrote.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: September 12, 2019 12:58AM

The catch is that it won't reveal anything to it's inhabitants until it is first placed into a hat. It's really hard to find hats that big (at least 65,000 km in diameter). Then something has to be able to pick up the earth and stick it inside the hat. After that, space craft need to be launched into orbit at a distance sufficient to make it possible to peer into the hat to see what the earth qua seer stone is revealing.

So, in conclusion, it is something to get excited about. But many of the technical challenges have not yet been solved.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 12, 2019 12:39PM

God's hat trick.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: September 12, 2019 01:23AM

Date: September 12, 2019 01:25AM

Guffaw!

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: September 12, 2019 12:31PM

He was speaking as a man and it was incorrectly written down as scripture.

It was never officially recorded, maybe only in personal journals, but when he spoke on the subject he described what sounded more like a Magic 8 Ball rather that crystal ball.

Which makes way more sense when you realize it will be a giant U & T.

Just think about how it will be. Ask the earth a question and look down at the ground......."will the atheist false dichotomy ever be resolved?" And the answer appears....."reply hazy, try again."

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: September 12, 2019 02:13PM

This thread just made me weary. Glad I'm not going to be a Goddess or go to the CK.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.