Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 08:44AM

Dallin Oaks apparently went on a homophobic rant during his talk yesterday. According to reports, he warned that those who engage in gay sex will not be going to the Celestial Kingdom. He also warned that youth should not be using labels such as gay, trans, LGBTQ, etc. because most of them "will change their minds."

This is what the future leadership of the church looks like, folks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 08:51AM

I actually did listen to a little bit, very little. Driving and couldn't pick up much of anything, but KSL. Heard mostly singing.

I'm sure my daughter is hopeful that her dad will change his mind and we can be a happy little family again.

It is difficult to see her post a picture of her with her in-law female family members after conference, but then some of the things she stated make me wonder if she'll decide not to go to Alaska to work. I love her in-laws and her MIL is a wonderful person who I've always loved, but there will always be this divide between her and I. It makes me sad sometimes.

I'll have to ask my "husband" if he is going to change his mind. I can't wait to hear the answer. By the way, he is at his boyfriend's for the weekend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2019 08:52AM by cl2.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 09:56AM

He’s been hung up on gays for only 70 years or so. He’ll get over it any day now. Maybe when Jesus comes.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 09:59AM

This is what made the difference for me in deciding whether or not to just be permanently inactive, or to finally officially resign. I didn't want my name associated with this attitude at all. It was my way of saying, "I do not think like you, so I'm outta here."

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 11:32AM

And yet, my bishop would not consider a temple divorce from my gay ex. Why? "it will all be worked out in the eternities." Hey, maybe that is when they will "change their mind".

Posted by: nolongerangry ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 11:52AM

summer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dallin Oaks apparently went on a homophobic rant
> during his talk yesterday. According to reports,
> he warned that those who engage in gay sex will
> not be going to the Celestial Kingdom. He also
> warned that youth should not be using labels such
> as gay, trans, LGBTQ, etc. because most of them
> "will change their minds."
>
> This is what the future leadership of the church
> looks like, folks.

Most TBM's will not even be going to the CK. What a wake up call they will get when the time comes. They are warped if they think they know they are going there just by going to the temple. Idiots.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 12:21PM

swear

I made the ultimate faux pos in a Mormon setting (Teacher quorum) by stating that I would never qualify to enter the celestial kingdom. My thinking and my personal honesty (I occasionally prayed, I fell asleep reading scriptures in my room, and I detested being at church when it was a glorious, beautiful day).

You know the story, the room went silent. A loud guffaw came from the class teacher. Two other priesthood leaders slid into the folding chairs to confront and correct me. I think one said that I must be confused and another then rebuked my response asking the class why anybody would want 2nd prize instead of 1st prize.

During those days, there were many signs that most members were not going to the CK. Remember the mantra? Even after all you do, it won't be enough to enter the glory of god. We were doomed so why try to fool yourself.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 04:52PM

He'll soon be dead, though, and then he will have been "just speaking as a man." And future church leaders will possibly ignore him, and possibly introduce a kinder policy.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 07:07PM

Yeah, but before he dies, like in the next day, the official transcript will be "amended" (white washed) and all will be forgotten.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 06:44PM

I heard it all yesterday on the ride home from work and the exact words were lgbt will be going to a "lesser kingdom." But mormons are suppose to love them all because there are lgbts in everyones families. We all know one.

My question is how Oaks loves any of these people when they aren't welcome in his definition of heaven. He may be right? He may be wrong, I don't know. But what's great about our present democratic society is that we all have different ideas, we come together, we debate, we vote, and we decide what is right and wrong as a people. We don't wait for Jihad Mormonos to obliterate people we disagree with.

But in mormondom that's business as usual. They don't have to listen to anything or any other world view they disagree with. It's like the Taliban!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 09:12PM

that he says this about there are LBGTs in everyone's family, but they will be going to a lesser kingdom. I'd prefer to be with my kids. I'd prefer to be with my "husband."

Again, the story about the father who left the church because he had "somewhere else to go"--to his son.

Would a God ask us to love our children less?

I've never understood this concept and THIS IS WHY I'm out of the church.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 09:20PM

> Would a God ask us to love our children less?

To ask the question is to answer it.

Posted by: JoeSmith666 ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 10:47PM

summer Wrote:
> Dallin Oaks apparently went on a homophobic rant
> during his talk yesterday. According to reports,
> he warned that those who engage in gay sex will
> not be going to the Celestial Kingdom. He also
> warned that youth should not be using labels such
> as gay, trans, LGBTQ, etc. because most of them
> "will change their minds."
>
> This is what the future leadership of the church
> looks like, folks.

So they can't refer to the age of Big Nellie as "The Gay 90's"?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 11:08PM

the Wider commentary is the Sheeple who let Oaks lead them.

disgusting, IMO

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 01:25AM

“He also warned that youth should not be using labels such as gay, trans, LGBTQ, etc. because most of them "will change their minds."”

He’s kind of right. Once kids start having relationships, they do change their minds. Until then, they can only imagine what sex might be like. They often imagine wrong. I had a teen who thought she was a lesbian. That lasted for about a year.

Posted by: LJ12 ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 06:42AM

I’d love to blast out the song ‘You need to calm down’ by Taylor Swift outside of general conference and interrupted this talk. People are equal regardless of whether they’re straight, or if they’re LGBTQ. This really makes me sick.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 10:29AM

Sick man that Oaks.

I have no doubt that Oaks has all the electroshock machines from his days as President of BYU in storage, ready to hook up whenever Jesus shows up for the Millenium and is ready to get the show on the road again.

Which reminds me of the old joke of Jesus in frustration saying, "Figs! I said I hate Figs! Get some hearing aids, Oaks, for Chrissakes."

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 12:44PM

That's pretty funny, D&D!

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 12:47PM

He should also warn their youth should not be using labels such as future missionary because most of them "will change their minds."

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 07:19PM

Good one!

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 03:57PM

I had a really fun day yesterday.

I'm glad I missed it.

Posted by: Gheco ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 09:32PM

Religious leader that doth protest too much.

Just a matter of time before he is caught at a rest stop smoking meth with a male prostitute.

Posted by: alsd ( )
Date: October 08, 2019 01:56AM

Gheco Wrote:
> Religious leader that doth protest too much.
>
> Just a matter of time before he is caught at a
> rest stop smoking meth with a male prostitute.

Exactly! His obsession with it makes it so glaringly obvious that he is a self loathing gay man.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.