Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Wowza ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 03:44AM

I know of at least three MtF transgender people. One felt they were the other gender since they were a child. The others came to this conclusion in young adulthood. the reasons given were that they felt they didn't fit the idea of what a man should be and liked more feminine things.

I wonder if the church's instance that men go out and slay the bear and women stay home and make donuts, is leading some to think they aren't a true man or a true woman.

Just a thought.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 01:18PM

A good thing that has evolved over the last 10-20 years is that there are more parents that love and support their children unconditionally.

I think the church leaders would LOVE to chastise, rebuke and call these parents to repentance for failing to "correct" their misguided and confused children.

Posted by: Reversed ( )
Date: October 08, 2019 07:23AM

https://www.newsweek.com/transgender-women-transgender-men-sex-change-sex-reassignment-surgery-676777

Sex change regret: Gender reversal surgery is on the rise, so why aren't we talking about it?

Urologist Miroslav Djordjevic, who specializes in gender reassignment surgery, has seen an increase in "reversal" surgeries among transgender women who want their male genitalia back. In the past five years, Djordjevic performed seven reversals in his clinic in Belgrade, Serbia. The urologist explains to The Telegraph that those who want the reversal display high levels of depression, and in some instances, suicidal thoughts. Other researchers also report hearing about such regrets.

tabbed in genitals; LGBT advocates battling for hate crime classification

"It can be a real disaster to hear these stories," Djordjevic told The Telegraph.

Charles Kane, who identified as Sam Hashimi after male-to-female reassignment surgery, opted to become a man again after experiencing "hormonal regret." In the BBC documentary One Life: Make Me a Man Again, Kane explained he originally wanted to become a woman after a nervous breakdown.

"When I was in the psychiatric hospital, there was a man on one side of me who thought he was King George and another guy on the other side who thought he was Jesus Christ. I decided I was Sam," Kane said.

Postsurgery, Kane believed his female identity would never be liked or accepted as a real woman. He also blamed the influence of female hormones as responsible for making him seek the surgery. "I don't think there's anyone born transsexual. Areas of their human brain get altered by female hormones," Kane told Nightline.

of me who thought he was King George and another guy on the other side who thought he was Jesus Christ. I decided I was Sam," Kane said.

Postsurgery, Kane believed his female identity would never be liked or accepted as a real woman. He also blamed the influence of female hormones as responsible for making him seek the surgery. "I don't think there's anyone born transsexual. Areas of their human brain get altered by female hormones," Kane told Nightline.

Kane's insight may not be applicable to all transgender patients seeking reversal surgery. Djordjevic expresses concern about the psychiatric evaluation and counseling that take place prior to the gender reassignment surgery. He recalls patients telling him that when they inquired about the procedure at other clinics, they receive minimal information before being asked for proof that they could pay for the operation.

In Djordjevic's practice, patients undergo a minimum of one to two years of psychiatric evaluation, accompanied by hormonal evaluation and therapy. Prior to the surgery, he asks patients for two professional letters of recommendation. After the procedure, he strives to remain in contact—he talks with 80 percent of his former patients, The Telegraph reports.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: October 08, 2019 08:38AM

It's a good perspective to bring up. That there is a major link between mental illness and transgenderism. A man may think he is meant to be a cat but that doesn't mean he should go play in the litter box.

But on the other hand I've known one person who was born between the sexes (at birth physically) and mormondom was an awful experience for him. His coordination wasn't so good, and other health problems developed. He finally settled with a life partner and married right after the over turning of the SS ban on marriages a few years ago.

Posted by: Republicrat ( )
Date: October 08, 2019 08:11AM

Once, I was pretty sure of what I am. Or was. Or something. Now I'm "undecided," and am the life of every party!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.