Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 06:51PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 07:04PM

Apparently they too invested with Bernie Madoff.

Posted by: sonofthelefthand ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 08:01PM

Well, you see, this Gawhd thing is really a pyramid scheme. All our tithing goes to pay for the product Elohim keeps buying from the Gawhd that made him a Gawhd, and he hasn't gotten any new Gawhds yet to pay him. We are his first Earth, so he's still a struggling newbie.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 08:10PM

Here's a good question for the TBM in your life.

Why did Martin Harris need to mortgage his farm to raise funds to print the Book of Mormon when all Moroni needed to do was leave a few blank gold plates or a few precious stones in the box.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 09:41PM

Oh those guys don't need your money, don'tcha know - they just need you to show your faith by paying up.
In other words Pay. Pray &. Obey.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: October 08, 2019 04:01AM

in response to being scolded, chastised and nagged into doing so by God's Humble Representatives, the more likely it is that you'll see God's Humble Representatives flying in private jets, living in luxurious homes, having amazing expense accounts, gifting their friends and relatives with lucrative contracts and jobs, and the children of God's Humble Representatives getting free tuition at church-owned universities, etc., etc., etc...

I guess God's Humble Representatives are just doing their best to make sure that God's money goes to worthy causes while they wait for God to send them the electronic fund transfer information that they need to wire the funds to God's bank in the Celestial Kingdom. For some reason, God hasn't gotten around to sending them that EFT information. Until then, the motto of God's Humble Representatives is "the bucks stop here...and go into our pockets."

I'm sure that my ultra-TBM cousin who faithfully pays 10% on his gross income and is struggling with his commute to his job because he drives a 20-year old Honda that seems to break down every other week...I'm sure...I'm sure that it makes him feel good to know that the Prophet and Apostles (aka "God's Humble Representatives") always travel in style.

Just knowing that President Nelson can travel to Tahiti on a private jet with Wendy and Sheri probably makes all the struggles and sacrifices worthwhile for my cousin. "Hey, my donations to Jesus helped make that possible. Probably even were enough to pay for 50 miles worth of jet fuel."

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 08, 2019 09:19PM

If they're anything like my father--and he always said they were--they hide their money and play poor. Please give, says Scrooge.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.