Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 28, 2015 12:48AM

"We know that God is not genderless, because the Bible is quite clear that God is male.

We know that God cannot be heterosexual, because that requires two genders, and the Bible is very clear that there are no female Gods.

So, what is God’s sexuality ?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2015 12:53AM by Dave the Atheist.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: almost ( )
Date: April 28, 2015 01:07AM

Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: April 28, 2015 01:26AM

I assume god is obsessed with himself.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 28, 2015 01:38AM

Feminine. The fact that religion teaches the opposite should be your first clue.

Posted by: abimelech ( )
Date: April 28, 2015 01:40AM

By "we", I take it you are asking on behalf of Christians. Since I don't accept the Bible, I am not restricted by what it says. For me God is neither male nor female, but may have qualities of each - compassion, courage, forgiveness, justice, etc. If "he" does not, I suspect that will work itself out.

As for God's sexuality, separate from questions of his gender, I suppose being a Supreme Uncreated Being, "his" sense of sexual fulfillment isn't comparable to humans'.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: April 28, 2015 01:42AM

So, if you reject the bible and are not bound by what it says, do you just believe what you make up about god? What source/evidence do you have for your claims about god or are they just fully made up?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2015 01:43AM by MJ.

Posted by: Se7enthDagger ( )
Date: April 28, 2015 08:43PM

Arnt all things about God made up MJ? Nobody has any evidence whatsoever...

Posted by: siflbiscuit ( )
Date: April 29, 2015 06:43AM

Since when do someone's personal beliefs require them to provide evidence to everyone else? He's not telling you that you have to believe the same way, so your demand for evidence is pointless.

Everyone can make up their own beliefs. That's why they are singular to each person.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: April 29, 2015 11:08AM

siflbiscuit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Since when do someone's personal beliefs require
> them to provide evidence to everyone else?

When a person makes a public claim of fact -- such as "we know god is male."
If a person doesn't want their claims challenged for evidence, they shouldn't make them in public.

Date: April 29, 2015 01:10PM

And they are not required to prove their claim right? You don't have to claim a no belief, did I get that right?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: April 29, 2015 01:16PM

almost Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And they are not required to prove their claim
> right? You don't have to claim a no belief, did I
> get that right?

Yes, a claim of fact of "no god" would also need evidence.
However, I've never made any such claim. Neither do the vast majority of atheists. I just don't accept the claims other people make that there is such a thing. Because those claims have no supporting evidence.

So, no -- you didn't get that right. :)

Date: April 29, 2015 04:45PM

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: April 28, 2015 01:42AM

Posted by: quickman ( )
Date: April 28, 2015 02:25AM

Probably asexual.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: April 28, 2015 03:09AM

No female gods?

Brother, you need to sing a few more verses of "Oh, my Father"!

;)

Posted by: cpete ( )
Date: April 28, 2015 03:57AM

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: April 28, 2015 01:02PM

no god

no gender

no nothing

Nada

zero

zip

Posted by: Riverman ( )
Date: April 28, 2015 06:52PM

All I know from being raised a Mormon is that he was a pedophile. Otherwise he would not have done the deed with his daughter Mary.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: April 29, 2015 06:24AM

Mormon god is into incest.

Posted by: esias ( )
Date: April 29, 2015 12:59PM

God has the most handsome todger in the universe. And God has the loveliest ul-la-la in the universe.

So he can go feck himself.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: April 29, 2015 03:25PM

Why should it even matter? Our minds are such that we can noway fathom even the concept of God in terms other than those limited by our humanity. So God's sexuality should be of no concern to us because it is probably of some form or nature that we could neither recognize nor describe if even He has form a all. Would He even need to be a sexual being? Are we all still limited by our former understanding of the nature God based on Mormon theology? This is a problem for many raised in the LDS church, the nature of the Triune God of the Bible is something very foreign and hard to contemplate.

Posted by: cupcakelicker ( )
Date: April 29, 2015 03:56PM

Well, your use of the pronoun "He" implies that your God is male in some way, moreso than female. Wouldn't "It" be more appropriate if God lacks gender, sex, and sexuality?

Posted by: bona dea unregistered ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 12:17AM

We only have two choices-he and she. 'It' refers to things not living creatures including gods. Since mankind has long been sexist ,'he' is usually the first choice if unsure of gender I remember just a few years ago when Dr. Spock tried to remedy the long history of sexism by referring to hypothetical children as 'she' instead of the usual 'he'. My point is that you have a choice of two pronouns and through most of history,people would choose the masculine. That does not necessarily mean God has male organs. In fact many churches are trying to get away from the idea of a God limited by gender,but are still limited by language.

Posted by: cupcakelicker ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 01:13AM

Well, gender isn't binary. There's a variety, not just male and female; some people reject the notion altogether and go by "it". Unless God has a preferred gender, it's presumptuous of us to use "He"... or "She" or "It", for that matter. Contemporary English defaults to "they" for persons of unknown gender, so I guess we could capitalize that and call it God. Now we just need a pronoun for beings whose existence is unprovable.

Posted by: nononever ( )
Date: April 29, 2015 07:45PM

No gender. No god. It's all made up.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: April 29, 2015 07:51PM

I wanna see what he's workin' with.

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 03:35AM

If there was an all knowing God, they would need to know what it is to be male, and female, so both, maybe not at the same time. Perhaps god is a giant worm-can reproduce on its own... If you're mad at it you can call it a worm hole.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.