Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 28, 2019 01:20PM

Mormonism is bad for your brains. It forces you to live in an unnecessary condition of cognitive dissonance enforced by a patriarchy of hardliners with strict rules of adherence.

You are not only bound to hit a situation where your brain convulses over a cherished belief and a real life experience but the "coaches" of Mormonism expect you to take this hit and still live their games.

And so in American Football you have stories of conversion like these.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/viral/watch-this-6-year-old-boys-tearful-thank-you-to-his-football-coach/vi-AAJsTjA

Will this boy and his parents seriously consider the potential for harm to his brain if he continues to play well into his adulthood?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: October 28, 2019 02:23PM

As long as he wears an approved football helmet, he should be okay.

Date: October 28, 2019 03:41PM

Approved by who?

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: October 28, 2019 06:18PM

Walmart quality control...not sure.

Posted by: Lumberjack ( )
Date: October 30, 2019 09:49PM

I have to disagree that approved helmets can make the game safe, especially for very young children. The evidence is mounting that young kids should not play football. The helmet doesn't keep the brain from smashing into the cranium as the result of a hard hit.
I coached high school football for many years and love the game, but that love is starting to fade. The research being done at Boston U on this is startling.

Date: October 31, 2019 11:35AM

Thanks for your input. A 1st grader professing his love of football like that just triggered me hard on similar testimonies I heard from 8 year olds about the Mormon Church.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: October 31, 2019 03:23AM

a series of concussions in childhood and adolescence thanks to playing football, you may be just the kind of "investigator" that the missionaries will hope to find.

Missionaries: "Well no, you can't see the golden plates now, silly! Nobody can. The angel took them back to heaven, you know. That's what always happens to valuable archaeological artifacts. The angels take them to heaven for safekeeping."

Golden Investigator/Convalescing Concussion Patient: "Cool! That makes a lot of sense to me."

Date: October 31, 2019 11:36AM

Spiritual feelings start in the belly and concuss to the head.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.