Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cwm31s ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 11:07PM

TSCC sounds very desperate if this is the topic they are having their precious GA Robbins speak on this weekend. Its on strengthening your testimony and getting your faith back, if you need a source, its literally on the front page of lds.org.

The brethren are scared, otherwise they wouldn't have their GA talking about this subject, they want to sway the young people to stay in so they can get revenue from them and absolute obedience. In other words raising your right hand to the square and saying "Yes"

What say you?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 11:20PM

*raising left hand to obtuse angle* Yes !

Posted by: anon666 ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 09:17PM

Raising right to the square with the middle finger extended.

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 11:26PM

I will be raising my arm to the square in the sure sign of the toast, as I celebrate my wife's achievement.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 11:37PM

I don't need to get a testimony 'back'. My testimony is perfectly in place, and as strong as it needs to be. Thank you, sweetie!

Posted by: Goofy1 ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 11:39PM

I say...

it's impossible to get a testimony back once you have opened your mind to learn both sides of the story about Mormonism. I could never again believe in the Book of Abraham - knowing it is really the Book of the Dead. I could never again believe in the book of Mormon... knowing it is a product of the 19th century and has so many anachronisms, linguistic and otherwise. I could never again believe that Joseph Smith was a man of God, knowing he used his position to coerce women into sleeping with him.

It just goes on and on. I can't turn back time. I could never believe again knowing what I know now.

Posted by: Heretic 2 ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 11:44PM

I was born in the church but never felt the Holy Ghost and never had a testimony of my own. I have always had this contention with Mormons about belief.

In my opinion, it is a matter of environment and chance what you believe. Different facts you learn and different experiences you have will determine whether or not you believe in a certain God or religion.

It is impossible to truly make yourself believe something that does not seem true to you, unless you are dishonest with yourself and have the ability to brainwash yourself.

So I don't think that you can really choose to believe or choose to disbelieve. You either just do or don't.

Posted by: Dennis Moore ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 10:34AM

I agree with you, Goofy! I could NEVER get a testimony back about TSCC. Too much bullsh!t and after your eyes (spiritual and physical) are opened, well, you know the rest.

On the other hand, I have a testimony that the TSCC is just pure and simple bullsh!t.

That is all.

-Dennis

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 12:35PM

Have to agree with Dennis Moore that I have a testimony the TSCC is simple bullshit, but I have to leave out the 'pure' part.

When I picture the word 'pure' I picture something without blemish and without lies and that ain't yours truly, the lying full-of-more-fairytales-than-Disneyland-TSCC.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 12:44PM

The mormon church just doesn't get it. The days of people returning after an extended absence are over.

People used to return after taking their 20's off. Once they had family, they'd often go back. They left for different reasons then they do now.

Now people leave (for the most part)because of information that makes it impossible to believe the mormon church is what it claims to be. It's impossible to ever trust the leaders ever again. Once the bell has been rung, it can't be undone. Going back would be detrimental to ones life and emotional health. The mormons don't seem to be able to accept that.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 12:47PM

I'm curious how the Mormons will try to "un-ring a bell".

I wonder if the GA has been advised by the fancy Madison Avenue advertising firm which TSCC has hired, or if he's operating under a "revelation" from TSCC's great Seer and Revelator, even Thomas Monsoon. Maybe the GA will use his authority from God to command the Mormons to have a testimony. I wonder how the Mormons will be manipulated this time.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 01:15PM

Hmmm....Seems to me the TSCC just had a worldwide devotional at the first of May in the form of that grandiose get together in SLC.

Guess it didn't work, the "doubt your doubts" and return because we miss your 10%, oh, and you too, just did not work.

Hmmm....I just received a revelation, a new TSCC movie will soon be released. "Meet the Returned Mormons". Somehow they will manage to find a few to showcase.

Posted by: elfling_notloggedin ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 01:24PM

I would have to cut parts out of my soul and brain.

I would have to squash all that I am and have learned in addition to accepting eternal slavery as a brood sow in order to go back.

I'd rather be dead.

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 01:28PM

Are they getting really desperate!!?? Is there a link for this devotional ?? I've heard nothing about it at church at all...

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 01:58PM

"TSCC sounds very desperate if this is the topic they are having their precious GA Robbins speak on this weekend. Its on strengthening your testimony and getting your faith back".

So to have this devotional by a high-ranking(?) church leader.........

ALL to say...doubt your doubts, read the BoM MORE, (even though for some, this is where their doubts started), pray because BEFORE when you did it...you did it all wrong (though they won't tell you the RIGHT way to get God to talk to you).....

Those here smarter than me (who go or see a broadcast of this) should return and report to see if any classic brain washing techniques are used...

Posted by: NOT EVER going back! ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 04:00PM

Not only NO, but HELL NO!!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 06:25PM

Get my testiphony back? I never had one to lose.

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: May 02, 2015 12:56AM

My thought exactly. You can't lose what you never had. Never once did I say I know the church is true, or the gospel is true, or the brethren are true... I knew all the convoluted, contradictory rules were not of god. If that was god's twisted plan, no, thank you.

They must be paranoid... The house of cards is beginning to fold?

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 06:33PM

No take backs!

Posted by: lue ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 06:40PM

My eyes have been opened after leaving TSCC and now I know right from wrong, good from evil and have my MOJO back.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 07:44PM

I once had a false testimony that a bunch of lies were true. I now have a true testimony that a bunch of lies are false. My testimony is very strong, thank you very much. It needs no strengthening nor retrieval. If someone wants to convince innocent and naive young people that lies are truth, they should be horse whipped.

Posted by: Clementine ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 09:10PM

So, an exercise in preaching to the choir? If someone doesn't believe in the church anymore, what makes them think they would waste their time sitting through something like that? Like hamsters on wheels, so are the days of Mormons' lives. No, thanks!

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 09:18PM

"faith spectrum"?

That seems to be new lingo for LDS, Inc.

I think it's a good sign that I've been out for a long time now.

Can anyone translate? What are they getting at with this?

It seems to me that they are trying to say "it's okay we'll meet you where you are. BUT...We still want to take you where we'd like you to go" (ie Mormon orthodoxy and orthopraxy).

Posted by: evergreennotloggedin ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 11:07PM

a testimony is a solemn attestation as to the truth of a matter. How can one have real testimony of tscc if the truth cannot be validated. How can one strengthen a testimony of something they cannot verify. Sounds oxymoronic. It's like strengthening your testimony of Bigfoot. People believe in Bigfoot, but no one has proved the existence of Bigfoot. Strengthening your testimony of Bigfoot won't make it more true.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: May 02, 2015 10:42AM

The only way to know the truth about Bigfoot is to pray and seek a "special" feeling.

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: May 02, 2015 12:29AM

Well whoever took mine can keep it.
It was too tight on me anyway.

Posted by: perky ( )
Date: May 02, 2015 12:46AM

Robbins is cofounder of Franklin Quest. The day planner, 7 habits of the worlds most annoying people ... manipulate, manipulate ... manipulate

Here is the talk - you are great, but you can be greater and richer and more effective if you just set goals to be worlds best Mormon. Just keep after it and don't let anything get the way of checking off all those goals.

Again, don't let anyting get in your way and you will be just like me and Jesus soon. I'm so successful and rich. Don't you want to be just like meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: May 02, 2015 01:04AM

Sounds like the other Robbins seminar I went to due to work, Tony Robbins. There was a lot of standing and clapping. Ick. The key note was Donald Trump. Double Ick. Robbins has since improved-works on world hunger...

GA Robbins is no doubt working on saving tithing revenue...

Posted by: furiousangel ( )
Date: May 02, 2015 09:29PM

perky Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Robbins is cofounder of Franklin Quest. The day
> planner, 7 habits of the worlds most annoying
> people ... manipulate, manipulate ... manipulate
>
> Here is the talk - you are great, but you can be
> greater and richer and more effective if you just
> set goals to be worlds best Mormon. Just keep
> after it and don't let anything get the way of
> checking off all those goals.
>
> Again, don't let anyting get in your way and you
> will be just like me and Jesus soon. I'm so
> successful and rich. Don't you want to be just
> like meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

LOLOLOL. EXACTLY!!!!

Posted by: Anon brit ( )
Date: May 02, 2015 06:05PM

7 habits of annoying people. LOL

Posted by: villager ( )
Date: May 02, 2015 09:41PM

Yes they are desperate and this is just one more excuse to stalk and bully young adults and teens.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.