Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 14, 2019 08:09AM

They don’t even know what love is.
Because they can’t.
Anyone who lies and manipulates to control you can’t afford to love you.
It’s conditional.
“I will love you if you obey me.”
What kind of God is that?
What kind of sh*t are these guys trying to pull?
Their conscience doesn’t allow them to believe in love.
Too bad for them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: imtrying ( )
Date: November 14, 2019 09:35AM

FP?

Posted by: b ( )
Date: November 14, 2019 09:46AM

I think he means First Presidency.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: November 17, 2019 02:11AM

b Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think he means First Presidency.

Thank you.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: November 14, 2019 10:15AM

IMO, Eyring always looks a little afraid whenever he's around the other two; of course I wouldn't blame him because they look somewhat reptilian.

They aren't even about conditional love, let alone unconditional love.

They talk as though they know each individual; in my TBM days, during a glorious stake conference, one of the speakers gushed on about how the stake presidency knows each individual and loves us and prays for us. Afterwards, when people were mingling in the foyer, he said hi to us and asked us if we were new. By then, we had lived in the area about 12 years. When I told him, he was a bit flustered and scurried off to greet others. So much for knowing us and loving us.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: November 14, 2019 10:37AM

Love is just another useful word for the FP to use as part of their guilt trips. Saying you are "full of love" or "love everyone" is just another way to appear to be superior. Those statements are as loaded with arrogance as is the testimony voice they use to deliver them.

They draw near love with their words, but their hearts are far from it-- to paraphrase one of their own famous quotes.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 14, 2019 10:59AM

say they love us. It is like when Hinckley died and my daughter said how much she loved him and I thought, "How can you love him when you don't even know him?" I never said that about a leader in my life.

One of the bishopric used to act all friendly to everyone when I was growing up. My older sister and I supposedly looked a lot alike and my mother dressed all of the girls alike. This member of the bishopric always got our names wrong. He always called her by my name and vice versa. She told me that if he really cared that much about us, he'd KNOW which one we were.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: November 14, 2019 01:45PM

I'm sure North Koreans got all tingly when one of the Kim family of dictators said they loved them.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: November 14, 2019 02:14PM

...They do love tithing.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 14, 2019 02:34PM

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: November 17, 2019 01:59AM

The proof is in the pudding:

>>>You say that you have questions about the church that are very, very important to have answers from the FP. Your future and your family is at stake. No, we do not do this. Bishops are assigned by us to take care of this. Don't bother us again.

>>>You have no money? No way to pay your tithing except to give the church your gold tooth? Yes, gold teeth are accepted.

>>>Divorce your husband who is not attending and no longer believes. He is a bad influence for you and your children.
We will help you with the details. Now crying is not going to help the situation. We can help, and certainly prayer and reading the BofM will help. We love you, Sister Jones.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: November 17, 2019 10:19AM

IMO, the FP only love themselves.

Years ago, my visiting teaching partner and myself used to VT one of Hinkley's granddaughters. She was a young mother when she got sick with cancer.

We asked her if her famous grandfather visited her or called. She said no, that he hadn't; that he was very very busy.
We found out that the whole time she had been sick, up until the day she died, he had not seen her or called her once.

I never did like the guy, and after hearing that, I only felt disgust for him.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 17, 2019 10:24AM

story. I'm one of the lucky ones. I had wonderful grandparents. My one grandfather died when I was only 3, but my other one was alive until I was in my 20s. He was an amazingly wonderful person. He chewed tobacco from his years in WWI and he was released as SS president because of it. Every single one of his grandchildren knew he loved us with all his heart.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: November 17, 2019 01:13PM

I so agree that this is one horrible, disgusting, heart-breaking story. So sorry for his granddaughter.

I never had any respect for the Hinkster.....he came across to me as a true match for Joey....another blaring Charlatan.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.