Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Razor ( )
Date: November 15, 2019 03:55AM

I told the elders quorum president why I no longer attend church and he goes into ward council and reads my text in front of everyone OMFG!!! So pissed right now

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: November 15, 2019 06:46AM

There are no boundaries.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 15, 2019 11:10AM

How can there be for people who believe there is not end to time and space?

Posted by: BI ( )
Date: November 15, 2019 06:59AM

Ouch! Never go to a mormon doctor.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 15, 2019 07:32AM

I used to be Mormon. I can believe anything.

Posted by: BI ( )
Date: November 15, 2019 07:35AM

Bahaha

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: November 15, 2019 07:36AM

You haven't heard of the Mormon Grapevine? They have a culture of snitching on each other. No one is harder on a Mormon than a fellow Mormon. If you're a former Mormon, then forget it. It becomes important that you be warned against.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: November 15, 2019 09:48AM

In the olden days he would have had to remember it all and may have gotten some of what you said mixed up. So, at least you were represented accurately---depending on his delivery, since, perhaps he used the famous Mormon "arrogant/ignorant/but really humble voice?" Wait. Not trying to fuel the fire---but I'd be pissed too.

TACKY.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: November 15, 2019 10:16AM

I once had a "calling" which obligated me to occasionally attend Ward Council. It is unbelievable the personal information that is discussed about members, especially those perceived to be slsckers, that is discussed in front of everyone. I was personally uncomfortable and learned a lot details that I certainly didn't need to know.
And then most everyone in the meeting shares the info with at least one other person and then they share with at least one other etc etc etc.
Now I'm sure I'm one of those gossiped about in the meeting.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: November 17, 2019 11:41AM

Ward council is misnamed! It should be Ward Gossip Group. I quit attending because of this

Shinehah Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I once had a "calling" which obligated me to
> occasionally attend Ward Council. It is
> unbelievable the personal information that is
> discussed about members, especially those
> perceived to be slsckers, that is discussed in
> front of everyone. I was personally uncomfortable
> and learned a lot details that I certainly didn't
> need to know.
> And then most everyone in the meeting shares the
> info with at least one other person and then they
> share with at least one other etc etc etc.
> Now I'm sure I'm one of those gossiped about in
> the meeting.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: November 15, 2019 10:42AM

You’re asking people here if there is something uncouth, tasteless or inappropriate that the church formerly known as mormon wouldn’t do? Trust me, there is nothing they wouldn’t do.

Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: November 15, 2019 11:29AM

Having been in ward councils, yes, I can believe it. On the plus side, maybe having heard your reasons for leaving, it will encourage some of the members to leave as well.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 15, 2019 11:30AM

I pray it will. That would be a good use of my thoughts and prayers.

Posted by: ptbarnum ( )
Date: November 15, 2019 11:36AM

See how long that'll go round the table before they realize what they're sharing.

Or dirty limericks since that seems to be the maturity level you're dealing with.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 15, 2019 11:52AM

I had been inactive for a long time. Husband had left. I was "surviving." I allowed one woman to come to be as a VT and no one else. She was a friend. I pretty much stayed to myself other than going grocery shopping and doing things with my kids like taking them to school or going to a movie.

So I started walking after YEARS of just surviving. I walked a lot at night as I didn't want neighbors to notice me. My VT was also the only one with my unlisted phone number (before cell phones).

So one night I was walking and I happened to walk by the bishop walking home from the stake center on a Tuesday night or something like that.

My "VT" told me that he brought me up in whatever meetings they have and talked about I seemed to be starting to not hibernate so much anymore. I can't remember what else she told me. Her husband was a ward clerk and he told her about it. She was furious. She said, "She walks at night so you guys won't talk about her. LEAVE HER ALONE."

I can just IMAGINE what was said about me.

My dad was a clerk a few times. He hated it. He said it was just a big gossip fest.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: November 15, 2019 12:18PM

There's another way to look at it.....

You gave him seeds of truth.

He just sowed the field for you.

I'm hoping for a bountiful harvest!

Date: November 15, 2019 02:11PM

Yup and all I did was share with him why I no longer attend. I'm waiting for him to come to my door for a visit then I'll blast him with swear words. And I thought he was a friend. Piece of shit!!!!

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: November 15, 2019 02:25PM

Darn. A lot of us were hoping you had some good history/doctrine/plagiarism/JS and BY were dicks/"pay your tithing even if can't pay rent or your feed family" kind of info as your reason.

Date: November 15, 2019 02:33PM

Well I sent him a message on Facebook messenger basically saying I no longer believed in Joseph Smith being a prophet, multiple accounts of 1st vision, polygamy polyandry etc etc.. what I didnt expect was him reading my PM in front of ward council. My SIL being the primary president was in that meeting. So sad but that's mormons for you

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: November 15, 2019 02:34PM

The invasion of privacy and the breaching of boundaries, even to the point of not even recognizing them, is one of the key indicators of a theological cult.
RUN-- DON'T WALK-- TO THE NEAREST EXIT!!!

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: November 15, 2019 03:44PM

There's no way that they would report on problems with multiple accounts of the First Vision, etc. Most members don't even know about that.

What they would say was that you had been reading anti-Mormon material and gotten confused by their lies.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 18, 2019 03:29PM

And spot on about ward council!

Instead of calling or speaking directly with members, leaders will make up lies. The RS pres was going all around the ward spreading lies about a man who had left his wife and family. It turns out that he was working a 2nd job "moonlighting" while trying to get ahead of the bills. Instead, there was the fabricated story who ran off with a stripper named Mitzi and the need to counsel the poor grieving wife.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 18, 2019 10:27PM

You're going to become a project. I bet everyone here can see that coming. I would not miss an opportunity to give this guy hell, even invade his face-space, poke his chest hard with your finger, and all that.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: November 20, 2019 01:15PM

Yep, yeah, yessiree....I can believe this and then some. It is the Mormon-way.

So sorry it happened to you. Perhaps with your SIL it will be a wake-up call? (my joke for the day)

Posted by: Leaving ( )
Date: November 20, 2019 02:51PM

Maybe somebody in ward council will wonder and start researching.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.