Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Warrior71783 ( )
Date: November 28, 2019 12:26AM

Indeed babylon about the history channel making it seem like aliens are real. Good call. The last thread got overloaded so i could not respond so i am responding here. But who built the pyramids? And where did that idea come from? Aaaaah got yah. Aliens.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: November 28, 2019 12:32AM

Actually there was a time when the History Channel actually broadcast shows on-GASP-history. Back in the good old days they did some good shows on early Christianity as well as other things. Now it is pawn shops, Nostradamus and aliens.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 28, 2019 03:43AM

There’s good money in appealing to the Mormon demographic. If you’ll believe in golden plates, those shows are for you.

Date: November 28, 2019 01:43PM

I remember being hooked on the history channel when they were talking about the anti-christ. "A FINAL SHOWDOWN BETWEEN JESUS AND THE ANTI-CHRIST WILL GO DOWN IN ISRAEL". Thought that concept was pretty cool. GOOD VS EVIL in an epic showdown haha. I wanted to see that showdown happen so bad. Now that would be good television. LIVE on Pay-Per-View Jesus against the anti-christ for only 199.99. That would make a killing.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: November 28, 2019 12:45AM

"LEA IS N"

This is obviously a reference to Princess Lea (who is from another galaxy).

But what does "N" refer to?

Be sure to watch the next episode when we bring in several experts who have conducted exhaustive research into this baffling question, tracking down clues in far flung places, including a bat cave in the Philippines and a compost pile behind a double-wide in Ohio.

Their conclusions may shock you and challenge your fundamental assumptions about the world we live in.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 28, 2019 04:35PM

I remember when the history channel was AH-1. All Hitler all the time. Lots of excellent programming.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: November 28, 2019 04:37PM

Formerly known as the Hitler Channel. They could have had diversity in programming, but they did broadcast actual history.

Posted by: richardthebad (not logged in) ( )
Date: November 28, 2019 07:17PM

Yes, the history channel used to have actual history documentaries. And MTV used to play music. And the Weather Channel used to have Weather on the Eights, on all the Eights.

For some reason, they think they can make more money with BS "reality", or sensationalistic, programming.

Oh yeah, GET OFF MY LAWN.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: November 28, 2019 08:13PM

Don't forget the BBC channel use to have british shows on it, last I checked it's star trek, and Hollywood.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 28, 2019 08:16PM

You have a lawn? I'd have thought it would be all dug up by now.

Posted by: Richard the Bad ( )
Date: December 02, 2019 11:38AM

You won't be surprised to find out that I've come mighty close a few times. Every time I plant a rose, or bush, I find 1860's military pottery. Only once has that turned into a 1x1 excavation unit (found a 45 caliber Henry's rimfire on that one). My wife now closely supervises any time I dig in the yard.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: December 02, 2019 12:18PM

You could just tell her it's the moles. I hear moles are terrible in greater SLc.

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: November 29, 2019 10:51AM

The History Chanel is not all bad. The new season of The Vikings starts next Wednesday. IMV there's nothing comparable on the networks.

Date: December 02, 2019 11:43AM

Is that the show with "the boneless" viking? That guy was pretty sick from what i saw of him. Forgot his name just know he is "the boneless".

Posted by: Richard the Bad ( )
Date: December 03, 2019 10:44AM

Fictionalized version of real person, Ivar the Boneless. Also known as Ivar Ragnarsson.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.