Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: January 11, 2020 08:18AM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/crime-law/2020/01/08/mother-teamed-up-with-qanon-followers-kidnap-her-son-protective-custody-police-say/

https://people.com/crime/colorado-mom-qanon-lost-custody-son/

What is this generic "satan worship" these religious fundamentalists keep talking about? It's obviously not real Satanism of the Aleister Crowley kind but rather an imaginary catch all fear of something more Hollywood than reality.

What are they talking about? What is this really?

After all, these are the same people who said that rock and roll was the "devil's music."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2020 08:21AM by anybody.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 11, 2020 09:08AM

Q-anon pretty much says it all. This crazy woman needs to be in prison.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 11, 2020 09:57AM

It sounds like a generic insult that they came up with.

The mom sounds bat-guano crazy. Her other child is well spoken. Hopefully the child will get into a better situation.

Posted by: ptbarnum ( )
Date: January 11, 2020 01:21PM

"Satan worship" = you, whenever you're doing something logical and necessary to make a paranoid or delusional person conform to reality.

If she's got Munchausen-by-Proxy, the state SHOULD "steal" her kid. They need to sever her rights and put her in the state hospital, if not prison, adopt the kid to decent people who will do right by him and never let her so much as hear his name again.

It's very telling that one of her adult kids stepped up and foiled the plot. It takes a lot to break family solidarity, the fine details are probably pretty scary. I'm glad she's in custody, I hope she stays there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2020 01:26PM by ptbarnum.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 11, 2020 01:38PM

But that was because they talked about it. I said something about the Ouija board the other day after reading Don's story. I remember the seminary teachers telling us horror stories about using a Ouija board like a group of kids who had used it all went out and committed suicide.

Not only do they want to make a paranoid or delusional person conform, they use the whole religion to make you fear everything.

One of the ex-wives of gays who stayed in the church 9 years after she started calling me (and she'd preach to me), left the church when she realized it was based on fear. Now she is LONG out of the church, as is her whole family. She's friends with her ex-husband.

And Munchhausen is extreme child abuse. I'm glad her daughter stepped in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2020 01:38PM by cl2.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.