Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 17, 2020 10:23AM

Oh, God, is there no help for this weirdness for His son?

Seriously, Mormon temples are not a Christmas thing. No one schedules a family temple trip for Christmas or do they?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 17, 2020 10:41AM

daughter--NOT! She wouldn't even like it.

You NEVER know. Actually, my "friend," neighbor I grew up with, has 6 children. Five are married. All left on missions, one came back early, but all have TRs I suppose. A few years ago, she posted a picture of all of them and their spouses at Maddox (a well known Utah steak restaurant in Perry, Utah). She stated that her kids had all decided that they would all go to the temple together and not exchange gifts for Christmas. Oh, okay.

I was the over the top mormon. She had sex with every guy she went on a date with. She was even at least emotionally cheating on her husband at the time she posted this picture. Her husband found her e-mails to these guys and she had been on probation not long before this picture.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 17, 2020 12:50PM

cl2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> She stated that her kids had all decided
> that they would all go to the temple together and
> not exchange gifts for Christmas. Oh, okay.

I just thought of a musical someone like Michael MClain should write like his Forgotten Carols!

Loosely based on Dicken's Christmas Carol it would be the story of a Jacob Marely haunting a Mormon around Christmas time to get his chains removed by God from becoming Mormon. Because that is what happens right? All you problems being a money-worshipping miser in a non-Mormon life are removed from your spirit when you see the light in the temple. It would warm many a Mormon heartsell at the time their Christ was born.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: January 17, 2020 11:07AM

I'm not surprised a bit.

Reminds me of the build'em young temple lego blocks sets.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.