Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: hujo2MAGA ( )
Date: August 03, 2020 04:58PM

Heres mine:

At age 11, I started exploring the internet a bit more than I should've, and I found unholy things (unintentionally).

At age 12, I was acting like an exmo, I joined the football team, started swearing and listening to "evil" music. I felt a little guilty, but I eventually realized it was normal.

At age 13, I had a surgery that wouldn't let me play my season, but I continued distancing myself from mormonism at school, and no one would've guessed I was mormon. I remember going to EFY (one year ago) and while everyone was sharing their testimony, I realized that I had nothing to share, but I somehow was a TBM that week. When I got back, I started the sinners lifestyle once more.

At age 14, I remember while I was standing on the sideline at one of my football games (The offense was on the field and I'm defense), I was talking about the BYU game against the Utes that night. My friend asked "H*****" (doxxing purposes) are you mormon?" I officially denied it for the first time and called it fake. I found this site, and all the anti mormon evidences in January and that's when I truly was mentally out.

Almost 15. My cousin has committed to UGA over BYU, and is officially out of mormonism. Me helping him in his journey of escape helped me get mentally out. Only 3 more years left!!!

Whats your story?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cl2notloggedin (cussing) ( )
Date: August 03, 2020 05:37PM

At age 25, I found out my boyfriend was gay. I went to the bishop. Eventually we got married. It failed. They put me through HELL. They put us all through HELL. Through it all, I found myself OUT. I'm still married. We are great friends. I have a boyfriend, a guy I dated in my 20s, but he wasn't mormon so I didn't marry him. We've been together 16 years. And, yes, I'm still married to my gay husband. It works for our finances and keeping the courts out of our lives.

Posted by: thegoodman ( )
Date: August 03, 2020 05:48PM

I was agnostic Mormon for a long time. My trans status makes it impossible for me to attend church without feeling ingenuine, but I held onto a deep in my heart belief that as a son or daughter of God, it didn't matter, he loved me and it'd be okay. Then at the beginning of July, I stumbled upon a Jimmy Snow video and found his bitterness laughable and his claims easy to bat aside. Thinking, "That wasn't so hard" I challenged myself to watch Exmo Lex videos and It's Me Jessie, to see if I could refute things they said about the church. I was no longer laughing soon after a few videos.

The CES letter was a big arrow right through the heart of it. Still reeling.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: August 04, 2020 12:43AM

I just never really cared about the church..just went along for the ride.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.