Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: September 16, 2020 05:55PM

"D.G. Yuengling & Son announced Tuesday a joint venture with Molson Coors to ramp up the production and distribution of its beers on the West Coast next year."

Yes, the favorite beer of Pottsville, PA. You now get to spend the next three years telling people how to pronounce/spell it. :)

There are only two beers that people have ever asked me to bring back from a road trip: Yuengling and Leinenkugel (Chippewa Falls, WI).

Now all you need is a Dunder Mifflin beer glass.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: September 16, 2020 07:40PM

SHUT. UP.

Date: September 16, 2020 07:44PM

"yingling"

Learn it, yaw!

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: September 18, 2020 03:52PM

Yuengling was the first production beer in the US, right? I've had their amber lager, and pronounced it quite good.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: September 18, 2020 06:14PM

Heck if I know, though the area is certainly old enough. I suspect Pottsville area (near Philadelphia) was settled sometime in the late 1600s, give or take. I was still TBM when I lived in PA, so my knowledge of the local beer culture is pretty spotty.

The beers I most remember being advertised when I was a kid were Gibbons ("If it's Gibbons, it's good.") and Stegmaier Gold Medal Beer. I think they advertised on Brooklyn Dodgers games. Then the Great Baseball Apostacy happened, and the Dodgers moved to California.....

At my age, I was more interested in Nehi Orange Soda. I thought it funny that a soda would be named after a Book of Mormon character. Oops. I was a little unclear on the concept.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: September 18, 2020 06:42PM

I got a great Yuengling story. About 12 years ago, I was in Western PA, making a sales call at a sawmill. After work, I took 3 guys to a local bar. Cold Yuengling on tap. I went to the bar (I was the only person in the bar wearing "business attire"), it's a pretty blue collar joint, and I ordered 4 drafts at the bar for the table. I gave the barmaid my credit card, I told her to charge all 4 beers and keep a tab open. We closed out after 3 beers each, 12 total. I asked for my bill. It was $6.00. I asked the gal if that was right, and she said Tuesdays were .50 cent Yuenglings. What a deal. Made sure I went back on Tuesday's for subsequent trips.

Posted by: sistermargarita ( )
Date: September 18, 2020 07:32PM

Yuengling Lager is my beer of choice. It says right on the label, America's oldest brewery. My son works for Miller Coors in Golden and he is excited they'll be making it.

Date: September 18, 2020 09:30PM

Now if we could just get Dogfish Head 90 minute out here, my life would seem complete when I'm wearing the beer googles.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.