Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: September 21, 2020 09:42AM

The woman isn't even in her grave yet...can you believe this nonsense?

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2020/09/20/christian-preacher-god-will-punish-rbg-for-every-act-of-abomination/

Jeremiah Johnson Ministries
September 19 at 11:31 AM ·
MY OFFICIAL RESPONSE TO THE DEATH OF R.B.G.
“Parts of the American Church have become so lukewarm that they would have tried to comfort Jezebel on a sickbed that GOD himself threw her on! (Rev 2:22) They would have highlighted her accomplishments over the years and found the good in her. They would have found ways to celebrate Hitler and King Herod- all in the name of false justice and an unbiblical definition of love.
Folks, I’m going to keep sounding the alarm as long as I have breathe in my lungs... Too many American Christians have created a god made in their own image and not the God of the Bible. And for all those living under delusional “New Covenant” false grace that prevents God’s justice and wrath from being active, please look over these Scriptures

After listing a bunch of Bible verses about how immorality is always punished by God, Johnson went into Ginsburg’s supposed sins:

… Ruth Bader Ginsburg ruled repeatedly on the side of infanticide, partial-birth infanticide, homosexual ‘marriage’ (and officiated homosexual ‘weddings’), against religious liberties, and saw to it that the Supreme Court stopped dating their documents ‘In the Year of our Lord.’

Ginsburg has now discovered that there is a court higher than the one called ‘Supreme’ and she does not sit in the seat of the judge, but as the defendant.

She will answer to a holy God who remembers every ounce of bloodshed she is responsible for and every act of abomination she approved of. The justice of God knows no delay, and the law of God knows no limits.”

“And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment (Hebrews 9:27).”

“…when the wicked perish, there are shouts of joy” (Proverbs 11:10)

God will repay her according to the deeds she has done!

Nothing makes some Christians happier than imagining their enemies getting tortured in Hell.

Just to set the record straight, Ginsburg didn’t promote “infanticide” or “partial-birth infanticide” because those would involve actual human babies.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2020 09:47AM by anybody.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 21, 2020 09:48AM

I wonder how long it took for him to learn to shave without a mirror?

Jesus would have maybe gotten to "Let he who is without sin throw..." and this guy would have already thrown two stones.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 21, 2020 10:12AM

The hate and vitriol that were heaped on her even before her death were/are an abomination.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 21, 2020 10:32AM

Christers exposing themselves.

Posted by: logged off today ( )
Date: September 21, 2020 10:58AM

Robert Redford will not be playing him in the movie.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: September 21, 2020 11:18AM

He’s playing right into the self delusion of a pretty big chunk of the American population. That’s right, they want to hear this kind of rhetoric. So I guess there are people worse off than Mormons.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: September 21, 2020 04:11PM

Seems an ever so slight exaggeration to say "American Christians" want to celebrate Hitler.

Don't they say that as soon as you invoke Hitler you've lost your argument?

RBG is going to lie in repose at the SC this week. The floral tributes and other gestures continue.

Yes, it is ghoulish to evince joy at her passing, starting within an hour of the announcement of her death, and to push a personal agenda forward before she is even laid to rest.

The hyperbole also gets to me. From many sources.

I've never been a fan of the type of Christian who is gleeful at the spectre of "the wrath of God". Yeah, that would really bring me into the fold - not.

May the judge rest in well deserved peace, starting now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2020 04:26PM by Nightingale.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 21, 2020 06:30PM

Many rights that American women take for granted now are due to the work of Ruth Bader Ginsberg. There is not an American woman alive who does not owe a debt of gratitude to her, whether that gratitude is forthcoming or not.

Posted by: doyle18 ( )
Date: September 21, 2020 07:15PM

Exactly. Any woman who has bought property on her own, opened a credit card in her own name, and has continued working after having a child owes that in part to Ruth Bader Ginsberg. There were others who helped of course, but she was a part of that even before getting on the Supreme Court. The film "On the Basis of Sex" is about her career as an attorney working for equal rights.

Date: September 21, 2020 07:25PM

I remember when my mother got her first credit card in her own name, and not as "Mrs. So-and-so." And as a single woman, I bought my own home, using my own credit history, in my own name.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 21, 2020 07:50PM

She did great things for men, too, like changing the law to allow a SAHF to collect benefits when his working wife dies.

In fact, RBG won most of her big cases by advocating for men since the men on the supreme court could empathize with them more than with women. Once the court had endorsed equal rights for men in women's situations, it was committed to giving women the rights men enjoyed in their situations.

Tactically brilliant, morally sound, for men deserve equal rights.

Date: September 21, 2020 07:56PM

Yeah, I love that she did that. She was a brilliant tactician.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: September 21, 2020 08:58PM

It's as if the Christers only dabble in hate. Rather selective, considering their "gospel."

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: September 22, 2020 12:56PM

I know nothing about this. I have been too busy trying to survive. However If she helped women escape the bonds of marital slavery that for thousands of years was imposed upon them then I say three cheers for her. And ye nay sayers get the (fourletter word) off her back

SO THERE

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.