Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: November 24, 2020 05:19PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 24, 2020 06:01PM

Who does that?
I mean, I did it, but the good news is I changed when I figured out how racist the church really was.
My best friend in life is a Mormon, I wouldn't say a TBM, but pretty much knows everything I know about the church, and more. He's written it all down in chronological order, the polygamy/polyandry, sexual exploitation, abuse, racism, sexism, MMM, BoA, which is the worst part for him.
For me it was the abuse, that I've seen way too much evidence of to deny, that it happened to at least 10 kids I knew, grew up with, by Mormon men, preisthood holders, who were put in positions of power and authority over helpless kids. And they were protected by Mormons. That was ultimately the last straw for me. This CULT was a predatory CULT and it had preyed upon 5 generations before me and it had preyed on me but it wasn't goinng to prey on one more generation after me!
That's the good news.
Now, to me the CULT of Joseph's Myth is an abusive doomsday CULT of WHite Supremacists.
Why anybody would want to belong to it is beyond me.
My best friend belongs to it because it's like a country club with really hot women, one of whom agreed to marry him and produce a huge tribe of fair haired, blue eyed little spirits from heaven. All of whom grow up in the CULT, serve missions, or else, they're that part of the family we just don't talk about any more.

Posted by: jay ( )
Date: November 25, 2020 07:17PM

Who does that?

A fool.

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: November 25, 2020 08:24PM

"Pretentious" is a more accurate description of self-declared saints.

Date: November 26, 2020 03:54PM

"Saints"
I guess when I was a MORmON missionary if people asked me why I called myself a "Saint" I would have diminished it by saying, well, it's not in the Catholic sense of the word, it's more just to identify us as "Mormons".
Of course, now, that'd be considered a "Victory for Satan." LOL, Ironically.
But I've got to give my Mormon friends credit, a very high percentage of them are professionals, like, where I grew up if your Dad wasn't a Doctor, Dentist, Oral Surgeon they were Aeronautical Engineers, like my Dad, who was Mormon and designed a part of every plane with a 700 series number on its tail, and a bunch of other stuff he could never talk about.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.