Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: June 29, 2015 06:20PM

It was something like Levoy or Veloy.
I was just a kid but I remember these parties being very popular back in the 60's & 70's.
The lingerie was garment covering and appropriate for married mormon women. The hostess usually had a couple young pretty things modeling them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dpnuf ( )
Date: June 29, 2015 07:11PM

Beehive Clothing?

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: June 29, 2015 07:14PM

Tents-R-Us ?

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: December 14, 2015 02:23PM

hahahahahahahhahahahahahhaha.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: June 29, 2015 07:17PM

Golden plated chastity garments

Posted by: cupcakelicker ( )
Date: June 29, 2015 08:00PM

Garmet-covering lingerie?? Lace trim doesn't make a burqa underwear.

Posted by: One Who Posted ( )
Date: June 29, 2015 08:07PM

Yeah, I remember. Me foster mum used to buy from it. It was "LaVoy's," I think.

Posted by: susie ( )
Date: December 14, 2015 02:21PM

It was Le Voy and I still have a couple of caftans

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 02, 2020 01:10AM

Yes..LaVoys..my mom hosted a when party to sell it.

Posted by: newnameabigail ( )
Date: June 29, 2015 08:19PM

My first Templedress were tailored by LaVoy's- so this could actually be the name you are looking for. Otherwise I try to figure garment covering lingerie and all I can think of is a tent or a burqua. And some real lingerie worn over that Garments.... and I have to laugh my a $$ off: hot red like this worn over G's - https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/21/c8/0e/21c80e0a5f3d9456bd1023d6037f9b53.jpg

or this

http://www.tomorrowtomarry.com/proimg/big/A1/B42/ComfortableLingerieOfWomenLaceRedHotSaleClassicStyleLS105710-0.jpg

The scenes in my head are just too ridiculous ^^

Edit:Here are the seksi lingerie -there were obviously Ads in chirch magazines for them

http://www.keepapitchinin.org/2011/07/07/why-we-dont-have-ads-in-church-magazines-anymore/

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2015 08:27PM by newnameabigail.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: August 28, 2019 11:34PM

You got it. "Temptress". So you know it's hawt!

I remember when my friend Roscoe got married in the temple to his beautiful bride LaDina. They were getting ready to head out on their honeymoon in their car. They were going to a resort in the mountains and wanted to get there before it was dark.

In their haste to pack they didn't notice that some straps on LaDina's temple lingerie had gotten caught on the car bumper. Apparently the straps had blended in with the strings on the balloons and other "just married" decorations that festooned their motor vehicle. Also, as a result, the latch of the trunk lid only partially fastened.

On the way to the resort and going down a particularly steep stretch of road next to a very deep canyon, the brakes failed. It looked like certain doom for Roscoe and LaDina because just a mile down the road was a sharp turn. If Roscoe couldn't brake and slow the car down, they would certainly careen off the road and plunge to their deaths in the canyon below.

LaDina prayed with all her might for deliverance. At precisely the moment she finished her prayer, the improperly secured latch on the trunk came loose, the trunk opened...and LaDina's temple lingerie came billowing out, with the straps of the lingerie having become firmly wrapped around the bumper. Miraculously, the temple lingerie functioned as a braking parachute for the car and was sufficient to bring the car to a stop in the nick of time. In fact, after coming to a complete stop one of the front wheels was dangling off the edge of the cliff.

Ever since then, temple lingerie has always had a special place in Roscoe's and LaDina's hearts.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: August 29, 2019 02:03AM

I'm going to share that at my next Christian Science testimony meeting...um, wait...

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: August 29, 2019 03:12AM

but I like to remind people that I was the Paul H. Dunn True-Faith Prize winner for 5 consecutive years.

The only reason I didn't win the prize for 6 consecutive years was due to being recalled to active service in the Army Dangers special forces unit (a secret unit that is more elite than the Rangers). Finding myself alone in a remote jungle, having been tasked by the President with the mission of rescuing 3 widows, 5 orphans and 6 kittens and disarming the WMD that they were all strapped to, I realized that I couldn't do it alone. I needed God as my wing man, so I knelt in prayer.... Well, I don't want to bore you with the details, but you can rest assured that what happened next strengthened not only my testimony, but also ultimately led to the baptisms of every single hostage that I rescued that day, including the 6 kittens.

I keep in touch with them all to this very day and frequently receive heart-warming letters of gratitude from them. Invariably, they tell me that they are actually more grateful to me for bringing them the gospel than they are for being saved from certain death. The kittens have all grown up of course, and now have families of their own that they are raising in the gospel. I am told that they tell each new litter about the day that Wally Prince saved them and motivated them to have the courage to bite through the hot wire that had to be cut in order to disarm the WMD, telling them that they had to choose this day whether they would be "Kitty Cats" or "Kitty Cants".

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: August 29, 2019 10:55AM

Wally Prince Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I am told that they tell each new litter about the day that Wally Prince saved them and motivated them to
> have the courage to bite through the hot wire that
> had to be cut in order to disarm the WMD...

And it was the Holy Ghost that told the kittens to cut the BLUE wire, preventing the WMDs strapped to their tiny bodies, from going off and destroying the entire regions.
Thank you for your faith-affirming testimony, Wally. I've decided to double my tithe this month. You're a prince of a guy!

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: June 29, 2015 09:35PM

I don't recall the name of it. I did model it at a couple of Elks Lodge get togethers though. This wasn't in Utah. I'm pretty sure none of those men were mormons.

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: July 04, 2020 10:34PM

madalice Wrote:
> I don't recall the name of it. I did model it at a
> couple of Elks Lodge get togethers though. This
> wasn't in Utah. I'm pretty sure none of those men
> were mormons.

Can you do it again?
I wasn't there.

Posted by: spintobear ( )
Date: June 30, 2015 05:10AM

My mother hosted a LaVoy's party when I was about 13 years old. I was told to stay in my bedroom and not come out until everyone was gone. Well I wandered downstairs to the kitchen for something and was surprised to see women running around in sort of sexy lingerie modeling it for the guests. They ran and hid at the site of a male in the room. My mother had a lot of this stuff and the nightgowns really didn't cover up garments because they were well above the knee. Of course I do remember one floor length robe she wore for a long time that was quite snug against the body to show off her shapely figure.

Posted by: Anon today ( )
Date: June 30, 2015 08:06PM

My seminary teacher sold Pennyrich bras.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: June 30, 2015 08:10PM

My grandma was a seamstress there for 20 years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2015 08:10PM by axeldc.

Posted by: M.ECKLUND ( )
Date: May 27, 2018 08:03PM

What happened to LeVoys clothing company?

Posted by: Shianne ( )
Date: August 28, 2019 06:41PM

LeVoy's clothing was not what is being described here. They were not sexy, skimpy nor tight fitting, but they were beautiful. Most had been crreated by a designer for the movies named Kliss something.
I bought several of the nightgowns about 40 or more years ago at a party held by a neighbor in Portland Oregon. I have worn one or another of them to bed every night for all these years, and they are still in good condition.
I actually found this site wondering if they were still in business because I would love to own a couple more of them.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: August 29, 2019 04:37PM

"I bought several of the nightgowns about 40 or more years ago at a party held by a neighbor in Portland Oregon. I have worn one or another of them to bed every night for all these years, and they are still in good condition."

The fact that you still have them, and they are in good condition, proves the statement that they weren't sexy at all.

Date: July 04, 2020 10:37PM

stillanon Wrote:
>
> The fact that you still have them, and they are in good condition, proves the statement that they weren't sexy at all.

Or she still is?

Posted by: darkshadow ( )
Date: July 01, 2015 02:20AM

Forbidden Fruit of The Temple

Date: July 01, 2015 08:59AM

Wow...that blew a few cobwebs away....I remember my Mom hosting a LaVoy's party and is men had to vacate the premicise.

Ron Burr

Date: December 14, 2015 02:29PM

My Mom hosted Levoy parties....we guys had to exit. I went drinking.

RB

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: May 27, 2018 10:35PM

Interesting sites if you Google Levoy, you can actually get some vintage lingerie.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nkw=VINTAGE-leVoys-BRIDAL-CHIFFON-NIGHTGOWN-LINGERIE-WHITE-

https://www.etsy.com/market/levoys_lingerie

https://bycommonconsent.com/2009/07/13/sewing/

One great comment at the bycommonconsent site:

July 13, 2009 at 9:04 am

Seems like a waste of effort when you can go to the DI and find rows upon rows of never used lingerie, which men give to their wives and their wives promptly donate unused.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2018 10:38PM by tumwater.

Posted by: LJ12 ( )
Date: August 28, 2019 06:45PM

The Ann Summers of mormondoom. Sounds like great fun.

Posted by: Jaxson ( )
Date: August 28, 2019 11:39PM

Victoria's Sacred

Date: August 29, 2019 02:17PM

Yes it was LaVoys. My mom hosted a party back in the 1960s after she drank the Kool Aid.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: August 29, 2019 02:33PM

the only thing she purchased was underwear for us girls and they weren't sexy underwear, but they were nice and lasted forever.

Posted by: Anonski ( )
Date: August 29, 2019 02:41PM

As brought to you from the Joseph's Secret catalogue, it was the "Sinless Beauty" line of lingerie for those Mormon woman who would like a little pizzazz under the PJ's, "Make your priesthood bearer, hold fast to the iron rod" (wink wink).

Posted by: Anonski ( )
Date: August 29, 2019 03:03PM

Sorry for the typo/grammar

As brought to you from the Joseph's Secret catalogue, it was the "Sinless Beauty" line of lingerie for those Mormon women who would like a little pizzazz under the pillow's,

"Make your priesthood bearer, hold fast to the iron rod" (wink wink).

Posted by: W8sted2years ( )
Date: August 30, 2019 11:17AM

Moo Moos for Mo Mo's

Posted by: Tlynn ( )
Date: June 29, 2020 11:59PM

The company was called LeVoy’s. I sold their
clothing. It was a party plan similar to Tupperware
and other home party plans. The clothes were well
made and lasted for years.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 30, 2020 01:08AM

garment OK lingerie?

I think I'd rather watch paint dry

grass grow

etc.

TBMs are soooooooooooooooooo hung up on peripheral items
IT MAKES ME PUKE!

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: July 02, 2020 10:50PM

Was never quite sure what the definition of a Moo Moo was but it is true mostly cows were wearing them when I was young.

Did anybody else live in a neighborhood where the moms all wore "Dusters" over their lovely chapel chaps that did not quite cover the hideous nylon legs or sleeves?

We had a neighbor who wore Kaftans and was a divorcee and she used to recruit us boys to help with her yard work and other projects. Our moms used to tell us to say away from her. I suddenly realized why when I got to see The Graduate and she could have been Ann Bancroft's ( aka Anna Maria Louisa Italiano) sleazy sister.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: July 02, 2020 11:10PM

I don't live in the morridor so I don't know. but those Mormon women should only be wearing them Mormon masonic longjohns with masonic symbols on the tits, and selling heathen underwear is against those Mormon women's religion

Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: July 03, 2020 09:47PM

I assumed it was a for bunch of disgusting men. Never imagined a fate WORSE than that. A case for inebriation.

(OK Ziller, when I was 16 every man who wasn't a surfer was disgusting. No pics.)

Date: July 04, 2020 10:41PM

laperla not logged in Wrote:
>
> (OK Ziller, when I was 16 every man who wasn't a surfer was disgusting. No pics.)

What's changed?
Besides underwear-

Posted by: MormonMartinLuther ( )
Date: July 05, 2020 09:58PM

are these the t shirts with the see through shoulder pads?

I heard about those!

Posted by: John S ( )
Date: July 09, 2020 03:02PM

Interesting side note to Lavoy’s: it was developed by none other than James Lavoy Sorensen, a local SL Entrepreneur who among other things, founded Sorenson Research, a medical device company which he sold to Abbott Laboratories, making him Utah’s richest Man for a number of years.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.