Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cold-Dodger ( )
Date: April 12, 2021 02:43PM

This is my day off, and she’s retired. She’s mid-eighties now, but she’s independent. She made me her signature buttermilk pancakes and we just got lost in conversation all morning about family and memories.

She doesn’t know I’m a nonbeliever. She’s not affluent enough with tech to know where to see any of the old posts I made on Facebook, and I don’t think anyone has had the heart to tell her. Either that, or she’s playing dumb with me because she doesn’t wanna let me know that she knows. But when she’s telling me stories about feeling her late husband’s presence, I think she honestly doesn’t know and is just treating me the way she always has.

I love that woman, and so I put my tbm facade back on and just rolled with it. The time spent with her was the point. Loved it up. I love her stories. I’m gonna do this more often.

That is all. Have a good Monday.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: April 12, 2021 02:44PM

That's a beautiful story.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: April 12, 2021 02:58PM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's a beautiful story.

Oh, yes...this is a beautiful story.

Reminds me of my paternal Grandma, the grandmother I loved SO much! I don't know where she is right now (I come from a reincarnation-believing family), but wherever she is, I hope she knows, or somehow senses, how deeply she is still loved.

Thank you, Cold-Dodger.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: April 13, 2021 02:07PM

after some of the issues you've gone through lately with church members.

This is how it ALWAYS SHOULD BE whether you believe like they do or not. It should just be about loving each other.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: April 13, 2021 08:35PM

Wonderful. Enjoy your time with her. She clearly loves you. And you're lucky to have each other.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.