Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sb ( )
Date: June 01, 2021 01:06PM

The Mormonism that Mormons love. The beliefs, stories, doctrines, and history are no longer taught. It is being deleted and denied. It is not doctrinal. It is not in the manuals or the apologetic mealy-mouthed essays. The books are no longer in print. The BOM is quickly being downgraded to fan fiction, the POGP is now inspired and no one knows what the words "translated from ancient Egyptian" means.

If Mormonism will be able to move fast enough to mainstream Protestantism before the light of the digital age dissolves them. They have some really old, proud and closeminded men at the top, so the move so far, by any measure, is not moving fast enough.

Now the Mormonism that made them successful is hand written written on the margin of old scriptures, it is remembered in faith promoting stories that can no longer be shared. It lives in the imaginations of returned missionaries that served 30 years ago.

The leadership will continue to try to move forward with this fog, but it simply cannot exist as the sun comes up. The new generation of Mormons are being offered to dive deeper into blind cult-like devotion, with nothing in return.

Mormons believe Mormon doctrines are sacred, irrevocable and eternal and no longer true, applicable or revealed, both of these are believed at the same time.

This is creating empty parking lots and worse, empty tithing settlement sign up sheets.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 01, 2021 01:59PM

The joke is on the members. The church no longer needs their tithing. It doesn’t need them, except as tools in a tax dodging scheme.

It does beg the question, from whence does evil spring? Is it in simple banality or is there a self-perpetuating malice? When you ask “why do they do that?” what is the answer? Those who live in North Korea do not know they are not free. They don’t know what freedom even means.

I would hate to be an apostle, or worse, the “prophet” himself. To be the head of a horrible sham that destroys souls while thinking they are saving them. What a crime. What a tragedy. It’s the devil’s farce, so who do they think will pay? Think of the women who salivate over these old fools. Yuck.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 01, 2021 02:25PM

Yay for the doctrines of men!

Yay for surveys!

I wonder if there is any testing being done? You know, pilot projects in selected wards and/or stakes...

I wonder if the role of the SCMC (what a hilarious name: Strenthening Church Members Committee!) has been enlarged? Are they armed yet?

Eventually, you'll be able to purchase/earn the Second Annoying. Maybe even a Second Annoying, with Oak Clusters!

Date: June 01, 2021 05:54PM

They already have the Royal Cluster, so why not complete the set?

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: June 01, 2021 03:54PM

21yrs into the 21st C and Google, ignorance isn’t just a choice, ignorance is a deliberate decision.
The only Mormons who are left at this point, from my perspective are either:

A. Took the blue pill long ago and have no reason to question that decision and will fight you if you even hint at a reason. Or

B. Licked the red pill, enough to know it’s not for them. Still swallowed the blue pill.

C. Knows all the truths everybody knows, maybe more, just chooses to look the other way, go along to get along, to maintain a healthy family life.

D. Has herding needs fulfilled by gathering in song and prayer with like minded group.

I’m sure there are many other needs membership in the Morg fulfills for people because I know it fulfilled some of those needs for me. But at what cost?
Huge costs.
For me, having a clear conscience when it comes to raising my kids is the main thing. How could I have a clear conscience when my kids were suffering through the delusion of MORmONism, or worse yet, being abused by the same system that abused nearly every Mormon family I grew up with.
Some Mormons like my wife’s OB/Gyn are great, intelligent people, and I don’t want to burst their bubbles, so I just can’t really be friends with them and casually hang out without seriously challenging their beliefs?
Trying to walk on eggshells around Mormons to avoid waking the elephant in the room makes family gatherings nearly impossible.
My one Mormon sibling estranged herself from the family and refuses to have anything to do with me or our Mother, because we call bullshit on the sexist, racist, homophobic, abusive behavior our Mormon family exhibit, enable or praise, in the case of Mormons.

Date: June 01, 2021 06:11PM

This is why I see Mormonism as the religion of motherhood estrangement. Joseph worked his hostilities out through toxic revenge fantasies because Joe Senior facilitated his children’s horrendous upbringing. We all know how that turned out.

What “I know the church is true” really means is “I know the pain of childhood abandonment”. That’s why you’re never good enough. Not good enough for you own creator? What profane abomination is this? Oh, right.

Date: June 01, 2021 07:38PM

You sound like you are describing my Mormon experience.
I know of many cases of sexual abuse by Mormon men, priesthood holders, scout leaders, who raped kids I knew growing up, over a 4 yr period.
He got away with it without facing any consequences. Zero.
The CULT circled the wagons around 3 pedophiles that I know of. Good people defended 3 child rapists, that I know of. Mormon families turned on their own kids to defend rapists. It doesn’t make any sense, but that’s not just in the imaginations of Mormons, it’s an abusive CULTure RUN BY an abusive CULT.

Date: June 01, 2021 08:05PM

There’s definitely some Peter Pan syndrome going on there. You made it out of Neverland.

What you describe is institutional incompetence. If you provide a watering hole for sheep and wolves alike, you need to either have adequate safeguards in place or get sued into compliance. That’s what Sam Young tried to warn the church about. He was exed for his troubles. Sam’s way was the cheap way, but hey, the church has deep pockets.

Date: June 01, 2021 08:31PM

babyloncansuckit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There’s definitely some Peter Pan syndrome going
> on there. You made it out of Neverland.
>
> What you describe is institutional incompetence.
> If you provide a watering hole for sheep and
> wolves alike, you need to either have adequate
> safeguards in place or get sued into compliance.
> That’s what Sam Young tried to warn the church
> about. He was exed for his troubles. Sam’s way
> was the cheap way, but hey, the church has deep
> pockets.

The ironic thing is I always thought I grew up in an idyllic upbringing. It wasn’t until I grew up that I realized most of my Mormon friends were being raped by our Scout Master, except me. I don’t know why I didn’t fall prey to our Scoutmaster. Bishop lied to cover it up.
Then as an adult come to find out, a mentally HC kid in my son’s scout troop was being raped by an older scout. Bishop lied to cover it up.
Then a Mormon relative was raped, as a toddler, by her adult Brother, his LDS Mom lied to protect him. Suffered zero consequences. Thanks to LDS INC.

Date: June 01, 2021 08:38PM

That’s the thing. It’s a Due Diligence nightmare. That has to be why the church pulled out of BSA. The lawsuits were eating into the bottom line. What were they going to do, admit that their super discernment powers are useless?

I’m sorry that happened to you. Let it be a reminder to all of us about the far-reaching consequences of turning a blind eye to evil.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2021 08:41PM by babyloncansuckit.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: June 01, 2021 09:36PM

I don't think the church abandoned the Boy Scouts because of child molestation or suits. It left when the BSA decided to let openly gay people lead the various scout groups.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 02, 2021 02:37AM

Didn't the 'Boy Scouts' admitting (GOSH!) girls / females into their ranks have a lot to do with this?

I know / aware of scant details on this!!!

(can girls now become boy scouts? maybe I'm having a senior moment!)

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: June 02, 2021 02:41AM

Good question. I got the sense it was LGTBQ+ people but good old misogyny may have been at work too.

Date: June 02, 2021 04:04AM

Well, it’s a little comforting that the church isn’t entirely motivated by greed. There’s hate. Or maybe fear.

What do you think is the source of this irrational fear of LGBT? I suspect they are at war with their own nature. Mormonism is a highly feminine religion with a patriarchal control structure. That’s already a conflict. When confronted with men whose feminine side dominates, it brings their internal contradictions to the surface. They see it as a threat and a challenge to their own masculinity, which they seek to impose on the world out of sheer hubris. These are the men who would be God. And, by the way, really don’t like gayness.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2021 04:21AM by babyloncansuckit.

Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: June 02, 2021 11:15AM

Miss Lot's, you are correct. The Boy Scout era is a whole new subject. For the longest time, the LDS church thought it was immune to leaders molesting children, it wasn't. In my day, Scouting was one of the few options for extracurricular activities and I enjoyed my time in the scouts but in the 21st century, scouting has a lot of competition.

Date: June 01, 2021 06:23PM

Case in point: Adam, having been royally screwed, enters the lone and dreary world.

Dude.

Are you listening to what you are saying?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 02, 2021 03:03AM

- When 'the church' (actually any organization) Fails one person, it has FAILED.

The Morg, aka ChurchCo, fails nearly every day (most unpublished, of course) when it allows a spouse or other family member to use (their rendition of) 'religion' to be used as a Wedge against another family member....

- Strangely (?) ChurchCo has worked itself into a corner that they 'can't' (actually Won't) admit ever making mistakes; the religion that doesn't make mistakes also can't admit - deal with them realistically and GASP never corrects them.

Oh that Howard 'families first' Hunter and Dieter (we've made errors) Uchdtorf had been contemporaries in ChurchCo leadership of sufficient authority & influence to avoid what I mention above, they might have been able to avoid hitting the Iceberg!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.