Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: glassrose ( )
Date: July 02, 2021 10:48PM

My TBM father passed away last week and, with that, my involvement with the church is well and truly over. I left the church officially 5 years ago, but had always respected my father and his faith.

I'm SO tempted to ask his Bishop for all his tithe money back. Just to be ugly, I know it'd never happen.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: July 03, 2021 12:11AM

All the best on your grief journey. I'm glad your TBM father was someone who earned your respect.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: July 03, 2021 09:53AM

Sorry for your loss. I'm glad you can wash your hands of the church and move on.

I'm glad you were somehow able to keep the relationship good with Mormonism meddling in his life. Your dad was lucky to have you in his life too. Wishing you good memories of him.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 03, 2021 02:12PM

Condolences on the passing of your father. I had a loving, respectful relationship with my TBM dad too. He's been gone 21 years.

Posted by: Dr. No ( )
Date: July 03, 2021 03:52PM

Sorry for this loss . . .
in the loss of one is the loss of an entire universe.

Wonder sometimes how many on this board have gone through that portal to the Great Beyond, and we here never know.

Posted by: Fascinated in the Midwest ( )
Date: July 03, 2021 05:20PM

Dr. No: your wondering made the famous Deenie the Dreaded Single Adult come to mind. Her leaving us was announced here, and I still miss her.

As you rightly point out, there are others whose postings cease and we just will never know what became of them. On to better, I hope.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: July 04, 2021 01:45AM

I will never forget Deenie, either. She was one of a kind.

I put in my will for my daughter to let you guys and a few other groups I belong to know when I've kicked the bucket. This community has meant too much to me for me to just disappear and leave folks wondering.

When you are leaving, it's only decent to say goodbye.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: July 04, 2021 02:01AM

My condolences. I'm glad that your relationship was able to remain positive. Then there are no regrets once your loved one is gone. Just nice memories of them.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.